Good performance

3 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Wouldn’t say sloppy. Just not clinical enough. Paterson particularly had a poor game and I’m sure he’ll know that too. Great goal their second, you could argue Palmer has to be tighter to him but it’s a good strike. 

Saw the game out. We have to see that as a positive. 

Second goal comes from Corbenau not wanting to head it. Led to Palmer trying to recover and ironically from where I was stood (right behind it) the nick off Palmer took it past BPF. Exactly what happened for Gillingham's equaliser last week...his poor marking led to Palmer conceding free kick from which they scored. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Morepork said:

Definitely positives although the opposition were poor overall. Both teams very naïve defensively. We simply don't have the ability to manage a game or take the heat out of it for short periods when it's required. 

Bizarrely, its a big plus hanging on having let them back into it.

Don’t agree.

We managed the game perfectly away to Rotherham earlier in the season.

5 minutes ago, morganowl said:

very similar to most game ,we nearly always start well today very well then for some reason 20-30 mins onwards we struggle . why why why?

Over management of the game. For me. I do wonder if we go right 20 mins go for it, the other 25 sit deep. 

Makes no sense to me. 

11 minutes ago, Danish said:

Don’t agree.

We managed the game perfectly away to Rotherham earlier in the season.

I'm not sure if you're being ironic? This has been an issue for several years under numerous managers. This season there are multiple examples of us being unable to manage games and periods within games. In certain instances some of those are games where we've been managed to get ahead. And you offer up one dubious example to counter that.......

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Huge Dowd said:

Second goal comes from Corbenau not wanting to head it. Led to Palmer trying to recover and ironically from where I was stood (right behind it) the nick off Palmer took it past BPF. Exactly what happened for Gillingham's equaliser last week...his poor marking led to Palmer conceding free kick from which they scored. 

I may be wrong but both Palmer and Theo both bottled the header and then Palmer let him cut inside and shoot

With Palmers experience it was really poor defending.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Mosborough-owl said:

A good result. Could have been  6-5 that game. We won, 3 points 👍 we are in the mix in our first season. This league is a nightmare to get out of. What did people expect? Moore in 👊🏿

No it isnt..FFS its the third division  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, parajack said:

1 word Rotherham,or even 2  Barnsley....maybe 3? WW?.... 

For every example of a team who bounced back at the first time of asking, there are twice as many who failed to do so over the past decade.

Simply saying that it's an easy division to get out of doesn't make it true, especially in the face of so much evidence to the contrary.

Just ask Sunderland.

Or Ipswich.

Or even our city neighbours.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

For every example of a team who bounced back at the first time of asking, there are twice as many who failed to do so over the past decade.

Simply saying that it's an easy division to get out of doesn't make it true, especially in the face of so much evidence to the contrary.

Just ask Sunderland.

Or Ipswich.

Who cares how long it took the Blunts to get out? I prefer to use the examples of Barnsley & Rotherham,teams we should at least be able to match,not the long list of those who failed.....This Division is not the Championsfizzing League    

13 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Just ask Sunderland.

Or Ipswich.

Or Leeds...

I don't expect promotion, but I expect us to challenge for it. 

• Like 1

Just now, parajack said:

Who cares how long it took the Blunts to get out? I prefer to use the examples of Barnsley & Rotherham,teams we should at least be able to match,not the long list of those who failed.....This Division is not the Championsfizzing League    

So you prefer the examples that suit you, not the countless ones that do not. 

We all want promotion and if we drift into mid-table mediocrity then Moore should be on his bike quicker than he can say "erm." 

I'm far from convinced by Moore, far from convinced, but we are in an ok league position so we won't be changing it. 

• Like 1

Just now, parajack said:

Fair enough.

If you prefer to ignore two thirds of the data available to you in drawing your conclusions, then knock yourself out.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

I may be wrong but both Palmer and Theo both bottled the header and then Palmer let him cut inside and shoot

With Palmers experience it was really poor defending.

Palmer got turned but Corbineau failed to put a challenge in , hopefully he will learn from that though 

39 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Fair enough.

If you prefer to ignore two thirds of the data available to you in drawing your conclusions, then knock yourself out.

I never pay any attention to 'data' about other peoples failure  when i lined up for Airborne training there was over 100......8 made it to 'P' Company and I was one of the eight....so was my Brother,,,2 from the same family out of over 100   

I knew what the odds were beforehand,i wasnt bothered i knew i would be one of those who passed...

Its the Airborne mentality & i have still got it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, parajack said:

I never pay any attention to 'data' about other peoples failure  when i lined up for Airborne training there was over 100......8 made it to 'P' Company and I was one of the eight....so was my Brother,,,2 from the same family out of over 100   

I knew what the odds were beforehand,i wasnt bothered i knew i would be one of those who passed...

Its the Airborne mentality & i have still got it

Good for you.

I assume the fact that the majority didn't make it means it wasn't easily accomplished, then? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Totally take on board the comments about how few teams go straight back up,  however when you look at the table and you think how we’ve played , and the ridiculous points dropped , and we’re still knocking on the door of the top 6 ?  

For me,  Darren Moore is underachieving with this squad , we can do much much better and a run of form will put us right in the mix 

Absolutely capable of competing for the top 2 if DM can get the best out of this squad, however it’s not a given, we’ve got to battle and earn it 

I genuinely believe we can get promotion

Hope you’re right mate

• Like 1