Good performance

1 minute ago, Ronio said:

If you look at the next two games, home to MK Dons and Wycombe.

If Moore wants to regain some of the support he has lost recently, then we need to build on today's result and win those two and things will definitely liven up and put us right into the top 6. .

Needs to be two wins from two for me. Don't care how we get them, but looking at the table we need to be chasing down Wycombe for now.

25 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

Sally you are correct, if you are only giving an assessment of the first half.

We need some nouse in the club, quick time.

We need players drilled in how things work in this division.

We need players willing to commit to a full 100 minutes, because rarely 90 minutes is the clock.

We need some players willing to give their all, no matter what, because in this division, sweat and blood counts more than talent usually.

I'll not go as far as saying we need a motivator too, because that is blatantly obvious, and anyone who thinks Moore can motivate needs to see a shrink.   I won't debate that issue - it's a done deal, Moore cannot motivate.

Palmer, Dunkley, Brennan, Hunt, FDB, Adeniran, Luongo (when fit), Byers ( when selected) Paterson, Kamberi, Gregory all have give 100% for the whole game. 

We’ve only lost 3 league games. Effort and motivation are not the problem. 

1 minute ago, Ronio said:

If you look at the next two games, home to MK Dons and Wycombe.

If Moore wants to regain some of the support he has lost recently, then we need to build on today's result and win those two and things will definitely liven up and put us right into the top 6. .

Yes showing we can perform against promotion rivals is definitely what we need to do. 

4 points or more would demonstrate we are genuine promotion contenders. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ashley8 said:

Happy clappers out in force tonight!!!

Scrapped a win after being 3-0 up to

ACCRINGTON STANLEY FFS

Glad we won, first half sounded good but and it's a BIG BUT

ACCRINGTON STANLEY 

'Sounded good'

So you are criticising a performance you didn't even watch?

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Yes showing we can perform against promotion rivals is definitely what we need to do. 

I would take 4, but 6 would be much nicer.  

We haven't won nowhere near enough games this season, winning three on the bounce would certainly be making a big statement.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

You could argue so far that with regards to promotion contenders the only teams we’ve come up short against so far are Plymouth and Oxford and we were unlucky to lose the Oxford game.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Wouldn’t say sloppy. Just not clinical enough. Paterson particularly had a poor game and I’m sure he’ll know that too. Great goal their second, you could argue Palmer has to be tighter to him but it’s a good strike. 

Saw the game out. We have to see that as a positive. 

Sloppy end product, sharper and we have 5 or 6 goals today. Sloppy also in giving away cheap free kicks in the second half. 

However; like Sunderland and Gillingham a step in the right direction in that we are actually starting to create opportunities. 

I still desperately worry about us at the back.

Unless we plan on Keegan-ing teams everyweek.  Again, if we are to though we must start taking these chances. 

Perhaps with Gregory and Windass knocking on the door again we might. 

Though I must say, a wonderful improvised finish from Kamberi today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sibon said:

I agree. In some ways, seeing the game out 2-3 will do us more good than winning 0-3.

Oh absolutely...I mean it made me feel so much better

3-0 up after half an hour...

Then was the time for game management..F.ook that

Lets try it properly, let them get 2 back and THEN see if we can manage the ga...

Give over

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, bronxowl said:

Anyone thinks that this is ok think again, Moore should have gone 4 weeks ago.

He’ll go in Feb when we’re out of touch, but it’ll be too late.

Relegation usually leads to a season of consolidation before a promotion push the following season. 

Only once since 1958 have we bounced back up after a drop. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

I know what you mean, but I can’t really agree. Conceding two after being three up inside half an hour just affects the players confidence and makes supporters jittery. One thing affects the other and so it goes on. A 3-0 win would have been great, but we’ve been on a knife edge again. Two home games to come against top six sides. Minimum of four points needed from those. 

Agree.

Let's see what happens after these 2 games and the response if it doesn't.

One half decent win and suddenly he's the guy to take us forward.

I for one aren't convinced.

For half an hour we looked very tatsy, but then we begun to sit deeper  and that meant less options for the man on the ball when we went forward which resulted in it coming straight back at us and rarely troubled their goal from then onwards, which all made it a very edgy.

Enjoyed the first half hour, looked as though we were going to rack up a rugby score, didnt enjoy what followed.