Good performance

Callum Paterson aint the issue.

If he had a poor game, well that's not the norm - he is what he is and is precisely what we need to get out of this division.   Him and Gregory should be bossing this league, and the fact they ain't isn't entirely down to them - it's a team game and a game dictated via tactics from the manager! 

Sure, easy missed chances aren't great to watch but we've seen him put away great goals and scruffy goals before.    He will more often than not be a good servant for us.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Yep we are definitely moving in the right direction.

Time for fans to get behind Moore and the team and stop calling for change - we can definitely achieve something this season.

Sadly people have already made their minds up.

We’ve turned a corner in the League imo. That’s three good attacking performances in a row. 

• Like 5

Just now, Salmonbones said:

Callum Paterson aint the issue.

If he had a poor game, well that's not the norm - he is what he is and is precisely what we need to get out of this division.   Him and Gregory should be bossing this league, and the fact they ain't isn't entirely down to them - it's a team game and a game dictated via tactics from the manager! 

Sure, easy missed chances aren't great to watch but we've seen him put away great goals and scruffy goals before.    He will more often than not be a good servant for us.

Not saying he’s an issue with the general team performance. But he has had two chances he has to score from today and one where he should have been busting a gut to get in and tuck away.

He’ll know that more than anyone. Strikers are paid to score goals and take chances.

More comfortable than I thought it would be after their second goal.

Excellent first 30.minutes, first half actually very good. Second half dropped off, but got a second wind, closing the game out. 

All that mattered today was the win, we got it. Hopefully the players now take some confidence into forthcoming games. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Not saying he’s an issue with the general team performance. But he has had two chances he has to score from today and one where he should have been busting a gut to get in and tuck away.

He’ll know that more than anyone. Strikers are paid to score goals and take chances.

Thankfully we won, and Patterson can reflect - which I am sure he will if he has any kind of good character.

I'm more concerned that we again made things difficult for ourselves, and I genuinely hope Moore also reflects on that and has some good solid thoughts on the matter.

3 points is what I am taking to heart today, but realistically I don't know.   I just feel for this club with a muppet in charge who is clearly a Chansiri yes man.

Edited by Salmonbones

Good response to the Plymouth cup defeat. 

Should never have been a win by a goal. We should have had at least 6 

Oddly bar the ping pong round the box in the 90th minute, or their free kick that Farrell saved well from, I don't think we were that troubled this time once they got their 2nd Luongo was a big plus for that 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sibon said:

I agree. In some ways, seeing the game out 2-3 will do us more good than winning 0-3.

I know what you mean, but I can’t really agree. Conceding two after being three up inside half an hour just affects the players confidence and makes supporters jittery. One thing affects the other and so it goes on. A 3-0 win would have been great, but we’ve been on a knife edge again. Two home games to come against top six sides. Minimum of four points needed from those. 

8 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Sadly people have already made their minds up.

We’ve turned a corner in the League imo. That’s three good attacking performances in a row. 

Yes, I think that's true, and I'm one of them.

The reason being that I don't see Moore as an asset.

Where a team is in the league is determined by (a) the players and (b) the manager, obviously.

At present we're a team which is worse than the sum of its parts, which means Moore is a liability.

A good manager creates a team which is better than its components, and at present we're not even breaking even.

In my view, our league position is in spite of Moore, not because of him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

It was a good half an hour for us and at least we capitalised on it. 
We are so fragile that any setback seems to make us panic. At least Luongo gave us more steel in midfield and Brennan didn’t look too bad. 

Im struggling to call it a good performance but it’s an improvement. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Is this the 4 weeks in which we've won 2 out of 3 and picked up 7 out of a possible 9 points?

No, it’s the same 4 weeks that looks like all the games this season.

Rubbish……and making the opposition look like Liverpool

1 minute ago, ashley8 said:

Happy clappers out in force tonight!!!

Scrapped a win after being 3-0 up to

ACCRINGTON STANLEY FFS

Glad we won, first half sounded good but and it's a BIG BUT

ACCRINGTON STANLEY 

Are people still trotting out the happy clapper rubbish?

We won, that's a good thing.

Room for improvement, definitely. However you take the win and enjoy it. Think most sensible fans view it that way. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Yep we are definitely moving in the right direction.

Time for fans to get behind Moore and the team and stop calling for change - we can definitely achieve something this season.

If you look at the next two games, home to MK Dons and Wycombe.

If Moore wants to regain some of the support he has lost recently, then we need to build on today's result and win those two and things will definitely liven up and put us right into the top 6. .

• Like 2