Good performance

14 hours ago, Danish said:

Don’t agree.

We managed the game perfectly away to Rotherham earlier in the season.

Yes, at the start of the season when we had a run of good results.

Listening to their manager before the game, he said that they play well but don't score at one end, and let them in at the other.

I think we need to put yesterday's result into some sort of perspective.

We clung on to a win just, against a very average side who still managed more possession than us. Whilst the points are welcome the performance is still not good enough, but we will have a better idea of any progression after the next three matches.

Had Dunkley been out injured or  had they(Accrington)  not played to his strengths (in the air) we would have probably lost that match. Take out Corbeanu in the first half and we would have been pinned back and not created anything like we did so that must be a worry. The thought that Theo faded in the second half was more likely to be that we retreated further back and he was then having to play nearer to our box than theirs. 

I couldn't see much difference with Luongo back in the midfield as they were as good if not better in that area, whilst Palmer gets positives for getting forward and the assists his defending was poor in particular when it became more physical after the re start.  

If we come up against physical teams who have a plan to hit Corbeanu and bypass Dunkley I think we have problems.

I hope DM is developing something that I can't see at the moment and that we start to see us dominating or controlling games and to be less panic struck when the opposition attack us.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, should know better said:

We clung on to a win just, against a very average side who still managed more possession than us. Whilst the points are welcome the performance is still not good enough, but we will have a better idea of any progression after the next three matches.

Had Dunkley been out injured or  had they(Accrington)  not played to his strengths (in the air) we would have probably lost that match. Take out Corbeanu in the first half and we would have been pinned back and not created anything like we did so that must be a worry. The thought that Theo faded in the second half was more likely to be that we retreated further back and he was then having to play nearer to our box than theirs. 

I couldn't see much difference with Luongo back in the midfield as they were as good if not better in that area, whilst Palmer gets positives for getting forward and the assists his defending was poor in particular when it became more physical after the re start.  

If we come up against physical teams who have a plan to hit Corbeanu and bypass Dunkley I think we have problems.

I hope DM is developing something that I can't see at the moment and that we start to see us dominating or controlling games and to be less panic struck when the opposition attack us.  

Good post,we have to remember we were three nil up......

14 minutes ago, should know better said:

We clung on to a win just, against a very average side who still managed more possession than us.

Is that really true, though? OK, we as fans always going to be nervous when we've been pegged back to a single goal lead, but I saw little evidence that we were hanging on. Apart from one excellent free kick which BPF got a hand to, Accrington rarely threatened after their second goal, and the best chances continued to fall to us.

I thought we saw the game out quite comfortably in the end. If anything, the scoreline flattered Accrington Stanley 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Is that really true, though? OK, we as fans always going to be nervous when we've been pegged back to a single goal lead, but I saw little evidence that we were hanging on. Apart from one excellent free kick which BPF got a hand to, Accrington rarely threatened after their second goal, and the best chances continued to fall to us.

I thought we saw the game out quite comfortably in the end. If anything, the scoreline flattered Accrington Stanley 

Exactly. I wonder what game some of the people on this thread were watching. It was a convincing victory. There was an element of luck in Accrington's first goal, while we carved them apart time and time again.

If we can play like that away from home for the rest of the season, with that level of dominance, we would win 9 games out of 10.

Yes, we'll play better teams than Accrington, but they're a midtable team, no mugs.

Screenshot 2021-11-21 at 09.22.00.png

• Like 1

We’ll win more games then we lose in this division purely for the reason that we have a strong squad for this league. And that’s regardless of whoever’s in charge and the tactics implemented.

Personally I don’t think Moore is anywhere near getting the best out of this group, and to be honest I don’t think he has the quality to 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Mosborough-owl said:

Yes and that’s our standard now. We arnt a championship team. 

I know....doesnt mean we have to stay here languishing,its our first season here....its all this talk about how hard the division is to get out of(excuse making) that i object to

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, parajack said:

I know....doesnt mean we have to stay here languishing,its our first season here....its all this talk about how hard the division is to get out of(excuse making) that i object to

It is?? Just look at Sunderland, look how long it took Sheff u to get out. Ipswich Are another team that are finding it hard. We are a L1 side now, and in our first season with practically a new team, we are in the mix still. Seriously, what more did you expect, 

• Like 5

i've criticised the playing it out of back malarky  which put us in trouble twice yesterday but having just watched the full highlights  they created many chances, Bannan, Patterson, Kamberi, Brown, Hunt all should've scored & Deli-Bashiru is a beast.. Liked how he held the ball up & took it to corner in  final minutes. It was only Accrington but the difference in performance compared to Plymouth game was huge, we should play like that at home. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mosborough-owl said:

It is?? Just look at Sunderland, look how long it took Sheff u to get out. Ipswich Are another team that are finding it hard. We are a L1 side now, and in our first season with practically a new team, we are in the mix still. Seriously, what more did you expect, 

Seriously i expected us to be in the top 2,why not?.....plenty of other teams in this league have new players,its the way of it,Rotherham do it every season...How is is everyone always trots out these examples but never the examples of Barnsley or Rotherham? WW? they are the most recent examples of recently relegated teams who found it perfectly reasonable to go straight back up(or in the case of WW be placed to do so..)

Each person will use figures to highlight there point of view,fair enough,but i think DM should have achieved more with this squad....

And it clearly isnt beyond the pale or how could Rotherham achieve it twice? Barnsley go straight back?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Having faith in the manager might be part of the answer.

I know its Sunday but come off it faith? what you mean like Man Utd 7th in the PL?.....just let there manager go, not good enough!!!!  Called ambition....

As to DM i dont particularly have 'faith' in him whilst ever we(as an example) continue playing it out from the back....

Dont like it,never will,dont want to see my team playing it.......& as yesterday running into trouble,& i want to see us be able to defend a corner or free kick.....

1 hour ago, parajack said:

Seriously i expected us to be in the top 2,why not?.....plenty of other teams in this league have new players,its the way of it,Rotherham do it every season...How is is everyone always trots out these examples but never the examples of Barnsley or Rotherham? WW? they are the most recent examples of recently relegated teams who found it perfectly reasonable to go straight back up(or in the case of WW be placed to do so..)

Each person will use figures to highlight there point of view,fair enough,but i think DM should have achieved more with this squad....

And it clearly isnt beyond the pale or how could Rotherham achieve it twice? Barnsley go straight back?

Because it Happens more that when teams get relegated, they don't go back up first time of asking. Obviously teams do it, but more often than not, it doesn’t. I’d love us to go up first

time in asking but I’m realistic to know it probably won’t happen. Like I said previously, we are 7th, just outside the playoffs. Lost 1 in 12, new team, new system, new league, and still people arnt happy. There’s no pleasing some. 

• Like 2