Good performance

22 hours ago, yeadonowl said:

I may be wrong but both Palmer and Theo both bottled the header and then Palmer let him cut inside and shoot

With Palmers experience it was really poor defending.

Palmer tried to block the shot and it deflected off him. Harsh to call that bad defending. Could easily had deflected a foot wider and gone to safety. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mosborough-owl said:

Because it Happens more that when teams get relegated, they don't go back up first time of asking. Obviously teams do it, but more often than not, it doesn’t. I’d love us to go up first

time in asking but I’m realistic to know it probably won’t happen. Like I said previously, we are 7th, just outside the playoffs. Lost 1 in 12, new team, new system, new league, and still people arnt happy. There’s no pleasing some. 

You carry on being pleased....free Country

14 hours ago, parajack said:

I know its Sunday but come off it faith? what you mean like Man Utd 7th in the PL?.....just let there manager go, not good enough!!!!  Called ambition....

Changing managers all the time is not ambition, but it is panicking. Ambition IMO is buidling up success on a solid base and not giving up as soon as something goes wrong.

BTW Man Utd  gave Ole nearly 3 years and only fired him after they LOST many games (and played sh...t). While Ole was in charge we had Bruce, Monk, Pulis and now Moore. We need to have more consistancy and allow teams to develop. 

35 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

Changing managers all the time is not ambition, but it is panicking. Ambition IMO is buidling up success on a solid base and not giving up as soon as something goes wrong.

BTW Man Utd  gave Ole nearly 3 years and only fired him after they LOST many games (and played sh...t). While Ole was in charge we had Bruce, Monk, Pulis and now Moore. We need to have more consistancy and allow teams to develop. 

He didnt lose many games lost 5 to be accurate,& they sit 7th in the PL.....Its DM tactics & lack of consistency that is causing the issues about his position,plenty on here are regularly calling for a change...its where you pitch your level of ambition isnt it? Are you prepared to sit & wait for a return to the Championship? because i heard the same argument put forward when we were relegated into the Championship.....

Marketing for season tickets at the time was get your PL 'return' ST.........never happened..

Next two match's are crucial for our season.....to push on we simply must win them......in my view  if not???  

DM needs to adopt a more attack minded approach,and i want to see some evidence on the pitch of coaching to defend set pieces.(ie men on the posts,man marking,whatever)

Evidence of coaching...

3 minutes ago, parajack said:

He didnt lose many games lost 5 to be accurate,& they sit 7th in the PL.....Its DM tactics & lack of consistency that is causing the issues about his position,plenty on here are regularly calling for a change...its where you pitch your level of ambition isnt it? Are you prepared to sit & wait for a return to the Championship? because i heard the same argument put forward when we were relegated into the Championship.....

Marketing for season tickets at the time was get your PL 'return' ST.........never happened..

Next two match's are crucial for our season.....to push on we simply must win them......in my view  if not???  

DM needs to adopt a more attack minded approach,and i want to see some evidence on the pitch of coaching to defend set pieces.(ie men on the posts,man marking,whatever)

Evidence of coaching...

I fully agree that we have to win and that we need to go for promotion this season! I am as ambitious as you are.

We just cannot agree on the way how to get there.  

14 hours ago, Mosborough-owl said:

Because it Happens more that when teams get relegated, they don't go back up first time of asking. Obviously teams do it, but more often than not, it doesn’t. I’d love us to go up first

time in asking but I’m realistic to know it probably won’t happen. Like I said previously, we are 7th, just outside the playoffs. Lost 1 in 12, new team, new system, new league, and still people arnt happy. There’s no pleasing some. 

If we were running away with the League they would be very unhappy, cos they would not have owt to moan about.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, should know better said:

We clung on to a win just, against a very average side who still managed more possession than us. Whilst the points are welcome the performance is still not good enough, but we will have a better idea of any progression after the next three matches.

Had Dunkley been out injured or  had they(Accrington)  not played to his strengths (in the air) we would have probably lost that match. Take out Corbeanu in the first half and we would have been pinned back and not created anything like we did so that must be a worry. The thought that Theo faded in the second half was more likely to be that we retreated further back and he was then having to play nearer to our box than theirs. 

I couldn't see much difference with Luongo back in the midfield as they were as good if not better in that area, whilst Palmer gets positives for getting forward and the assists his defending was poor in particular when it became more physical after the re start.  

If we come up against physical teams who have a plan to hit Corbeanu and bypass Dunkley I think we have problems.

I hope DM is developing something that I can't see at the moment and that we start to see us dominating or controlling games and to be less panic struck when the opposition attack us.  

There’s a lot of if and maybes. We did have Theo and we did have dunkley. Just accept we won and be happy ffs 😂 I don’t care how we win, 3 points is 3 points

• Like 1

Finally DM addressing the players out of position thing as well. Finally playing centre backs at centre back and not shoehorning wide players into centre back or even strikers like at plymouth in the cup. Also finally playing Hunt again, who i think is very underrated still, if we play 3-5-2 that right wing back role should be his to lose. He's the only natural right wing back we have, Palmer is better in the back 3 and Shodipo doesn't have the positioning or defensive know how to be a wing back. Theo is learning on the job but if we're playing one winger at wing back on one side we have to play a natural wing back on the other. Two wingers at wing back is asking for trouble so please keep Hunt in the side now

48 minutes ago, Mosborough-owl said:

There’s a lot of if and maybes. We did have Theo and we did have Dunkley. Just accept we won and be happy ffs 😂 I don’t care how we win, 3 points is 3 points

Was very happy with the points and I would be delighted if we could go up just doing enough and winning 1-0 in most matches. Wolves always appeared to scrape results (including against us) when they went up but it was probably more to do with being consistent and solid.

My concern is that I'm not seeing a definite style of football nor performances that show as a team we are solid enough to mount a challenge for promotion. I think Darren Moore was not interested in playing Corbeanu but ran out of options and the same with Dunkley and therefore more by luck than judgement we find that those two in particular have dragged us through. I think we have the quality to do much better with our players if they were managed better. The worry is if other managers make plans to steer clear of Dunkley in the air and stop our winger then we will struggle.

To be clear, delighted with the points, not so with the way we play but desperately hope Moore or the team improve and start to dominate teams and push up.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, should know better said:

Was very happy with the points and I would be delighted if we could go up just doing enough and winning 1-0 in most matches. Wolves always appeared to scrape results (including against us) when they went up but it was probably more to do with being consistent and solid.

My concern is that I'm not seeing a definite style of football nor performances that show as a team we are solid enough to mount a challenge for promotion. I think Darren Moore was not interested in playing Corbeanu but ran out of options and the same with Dunkley and therefore more by luck than judgement we find that those two in particular have dragged us through. I think we have the quality to do much better with our players if they were managed better. The worry is if other managers make plans to steer clear of Dunkley in the air and stop our winger then we will struggle.

To be clear, delighted with the points, not so with the way we play but desperately hope Moore or the team improve and start to dominate teams and push up.

That’s fair. I disagree with some, but I see your points. I just see this season as a platform personally. I don’t expect us to go up. I think it’s gunna take 3/4 seasons to stabilise and mount a proper promotion push. At the minute we sit 7th and it’s half way though the season. That to me seems alright with a new squad, thrown together on a minimum budget, new league, and a new style of playing out from the back. I’m certainly not Saying DM is our savour, but I think he deserves more time and more credit 

• Like 3