DC at the airport ! Christmas sacking?πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

17 hours ago, Morepork said:

So, the "main problem" with the club is flying to the club and we're hoping he's going to fire the "second biggest problem" at the club. After which he will no doubt appoint a new "second biggest problem" at the club while remaining the "main problem" at the club.........I'm too exhausted to care.Β lol

Gets you like that doesn't it...are we officially a joke yet?

48 minutes ago, vulva said:

Had Pulis been given the blank piece of paper and budget Moore has enjoyed, we would have walked this league. Let’s not forget that previous managers have in the main inherited someone else’s players. This summer was a huge opportunity to get it right. Β 

You genuinely think Pulis would have been arsed to have a League One scrap?

1 hour ago, vulva said:

Had Pulis been given the blank piece of paper and budget Moore has enjoyed, we would have walked this league. Let’s not forget that previous managers have in the main inherited someone else’s players. This summer was a huge opportunity to get it right. Β 

Wow

Β 

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

15 hours ago, Jim said:

Don’t know why but I’ve got a feeling we’re going to under new ownership soon?

I've heard Red Bull are just putting together their bid.

Β 

They just need to check the hot water works and that the ground is not at risk of flooding.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Ffs.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Β 

But we needed to recruit a lot of new players this season simply because we let so many go in the summer.

Β 

And wasn't Gary Monk (eventually) allowed to bring his own backroom staff?

Β 

I don't know exactly what DM asked for any more than you do, but I see nothing which suggests he's been treated any more favourably than other recent managers.

Course he hasn't, in fact ,you could argue that he has had the most difficult, shopping for freebies and loans. The squad is still very much a mixed bag and no way as good as some have you believe.

Β 

Β 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Asio otus said:

Course he hasn't, in fact ,you could argue that he has had the most difficult, shopping for freebies and loans. The squad is still very much a mixed bag and no way as good as some have you believe.

Β 

Β 

True, all the more reason to play a tried and tested method and stick to it so the players have a chance, not all this chopping and changing etc etc, i dont think he gets it.

12 minutes ago, debram said:

True, all the more reason to play a tried and tested method and stick to it so the players have a chance, not all this chopping and changing etc etc, i dont think he gets it.

Agreed, should only change if injuries force your hand.Β 

Guest Jack the Hat
20 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Why is he bringing a radiator/

Β 

Β 

New centre half?

Boiler at training ground bust again.

3 hours ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Β 

Sorry, but I absolutely have to take issue with that.

Β 

We pretty much broke last seasons squad up. The players he was "allowed to keep" are those who were under contract and couldn't simply be let go.

Β 

The replacements were bargain basement. Frees and loans. Some of those do have Championship experience, but others were surplus to requirements or on the fringes of the first team at their previous or parent clubs. To claim that they are at least as good if not better than the players they replaced really is a bit far fetched IMO.

Β 

As to the backroom staff, I know he was allowed to bring a couple of assistants and subsequently employed a psychologist, but I've seen no evidence at all that he was given or allowed to take on a large team. And absolutely none of us know what he asked for.

Β 

There's definitely no evidence of him being allowed to bring a large team in. There's too many familiar faces in and around the club who are behind the scenes. Should have been cleared out ages ago. We keep changing managers but these people are still going about their business. Andy Holdsworth is about the only coach I'd keep on down there.Β 

Β 

Β 

Guest Jack the Hat
4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Β 

Β 

Agreed - I have zero complaints really about the Chairman this last year or soΒ 

I was hoping we could somehow put together a rag tag of misfits like we have and push on but sadly it's not quite worked on the pitch yet

But fair play to the Chairman over the last year - he's been fine

I agree with this. I personally think he's made a big mistake with the manager but thats subjective AND is always a gamble,

38 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Gotta be joking surely?Β 

Β 

An international keeper in net, you could argue Dunkley and Iorfa should be up there with the best CB in the division, a midfield of Byers/Luongo/Bannan/Wing/FDB/Adeniran to choose from and Paterson/Gregory/Windass(soon) up top? 99% of the teams would snatch your hand off at that.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

We pretty much broke last seasons squad up. The players he was "allowed to keep" are those who were under contract and couldn't simply be let go.

Β 

The replacements were bargain basement. Frees and loans. Some of those do have Championship experience, but others were surplus to requirements or on the fringes of the first team at their previous or parent clubs. To claim that they are at least as good if not better than the players they replaced really is a bit far fetched IMO.

Β 

The players that left were regularly slated on here for being poo.

Β 

You could argue the forwards that left, Rhodes, Harris, Kachunga and Green have been replaced by better in Gregory (championship player), Shodipo (12 goals in this division last season), Kamberi, Berahino (ex premier league Β£12M player), Corbeanu (from Premier league club and Canada national team), Sow (Dutch Eridivisie).

Β 

Similarly in midfield we replaced Pelupessy, Shaw (wasn't a regular), Reach and Izzy Brown with Byers, Wing,Β  Johnson (all championship players) and Adeniran (who Everton paid Β£4M for and played in the Championship last season).

Β 

Central defence is probably the only area we didn't reinforce adequately after losing Lee's and Boerner, with just Gibson coming in.

Β 

In the full backs we replaced Penney and Odubajo who again everyone said were pants, with Hunt and Brown.

Β 

I think the 2 we miss the most are Lee's and Reach but even they were rubbish according to a lot on this site.Β 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Β 

The players that left were regularly slated on here for being poo.

Β 

You could argue the forwards that left, Rhodes, Harris, Kachunga and Green have been replaced by better in Gregory (championship player), Shodipo (12 goals in this division last season), Kamberi, Berahino (ex premier league Β£12M player), Corbeanu (from Premier league club and Canada national team), Sow (Dutch Eridivisie).

Β 

Similarly in midfield we replaced Pelupessy, Shaw (wasn't a regular), Reach and Izzy Brown with Byers, Wing,Β  Johnson (all championship players) and Adeniran (who Everton paid Β£4M for and played in the Championship last season).

Β 

Central defence is probably the only area we didn't reinforce adequately after losing Lee's and Boerner, with just Gibson coming in.

Β 

In the full backs we replaced Penney and Odubajo who again everyone said were pants, with Hunt and Brown.

Β 

I think the 2 we miss the most are Lee's and Reach but even they were rubbish according to a lot on this site.Β 

Im with Roy in this, it looks to me as because of the delay in signing players weve panicked and brought in players with champs experience and not done any due diligence on them, hence the injuries, of the ones that have come permanent adenirans ok, but hes got a clumsy touch and his awareness is shocking at times, berahino is shot as a player and id expect gregory to pick up further injuries as the season enters winter, shodipo only averaged around 40 minutes a game at Oxford and hasnt replicated that here, corbeanu looks a prospect, but again, he gets in good positions, players are waiting for a cross and he shoots at goal?Β Β 

For me the only player we improved on was the shocking Izzy Brown, Id take any of those released over those weve signed this season.

As for the keeper, his fumbles have cost us points that we may need if we get a points deduction over wages!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Siggi's Jonnson said:

He's desperate to see our next opponents.  He's heard so much about  Accrington Stanley and how much we could learn from their success. Also it's another ground to knock off the list. 🀑

Accrington Stanley? Who are they?