DARREN MOORE PRESS CONFERENCE

39 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

He is so full of crap. Needs to be sacked tonight. His team selections, tactics, players playing in wrong positions are a joke. 

Agreed with everything you said. Grandad says he's had enough and I have as well. Been watching Owls for decades. Started as a niper in Quixall days. Yes, I'm an old fart.

That is total crap. 

I don’t understand why managers think they can get away with this poo. 

Most supporters are not naive. We’ve watched football for years. Many of us have played - some to a pretty good standard. When we’re not watching Wednesday we’re watching other teams on the telly, managing/coaching kids teams or Sunday league. 

We’re not stupid. He can’t expect to get away with talking testicles like that. 

That was an awful display. We were chaotic in defence and toothless in attack. We were tentative, tackle shy and timid. 

The “team” was composed of players out of position and playing a “formation” they are not equipped to play. By the end of the game I’m convinced no one knew what on earth or where on earth they were supposed to be playing. 

I was hopeful for this manager but I honestly don’t know what on earth he’s doing and I’m not sure he does either.  His attitude is awful. He’s terrified of every opponent, though if he’s going to set up teams so badly I’m not surprised! Maybe he thinks that every team In this league is fantastic cause his teams are always as bad as this. 

• Like 5

Guest Jack the Hat
3 minutes ago, doubled123456 said:

Agreed with everything you said. Grandad says he's had enough and I have as well. Been watching Owls for decades. Started as a niper in Quixall days. Yes, I'm an old fart.

Did you start as a nipper or a sniper? Not interested in the former, but if the later, who was the most player you shot?

He says that we came here to win today and backed it up by bringing kamberi on and leaving only 2 defenders. 

No Darren, if you came here to win you'd have started like that (not with two defenders cos that's stupid) but you'd have come with an attacking approach. 

He changed to that because we were losing 

• Like 1

I called this after going to the Plymouth game, said he wasn't the right guy and would be better as an assistant. 

He's trying to be smart, but he doesn't realise how stupid he looks when we play with such a lack of intensity and cohesion. 

we are poor to watch and it's becoming boring to even follow the club now. we need a much better infrastructure around the playing side of the club, such as full team of coaches and director of football.

He needs to fizz off. And keep ******** off. Keep going until he comes to a fence with a sign that reads "DO NOT fizz OFF PAST THIS POINT", at which point he needs to dream the impossible dream, climb that fence, and fizz off some more.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, axolotl said:

He needs to fizz off. And keep ******** off. Keep going until he comes to a fence with a sign that reads "DO NOT fizz OFF PAST THIS POINT", at which point he needs to dream the impossible dream, climb that fence, and fizz off some more.

I see you haven't bought into his philosophy.

• Haha 6

Guest DoesJackHunt

We need get back to basics because we’re getting worse game by game.

4.4.2! - get the players working on SHAPE and PRESSING in a system they all know and are comfortable with.

We don’t look like a team at all. We need to get the basics in place and it’s alarming that we are seeing no improvement in these areas. 

We also need to work on defending balls into the box, not just from set pieces but also in open play because we’re all over the place and it blind panic in there every time. 

i listened to it with increasing frustration.

i have interviewed hundreds of people for jobs over many years and if anyone had performed like that by not answering questions, throwing in platitudes and cliches and generally being incoherent they wouldn’t be getting a 2nd interview.

Who’s doing the job interviews at Hillsborough and how the hell did he get through.

• Like 1

Every game follows the same pattern and every interview is the same.  Every pre-match is the same, the opposition are a great team and it will be a difficult game.

Nothing changes, so we all know what happens if you keep making the same mistakes.

I can't see even a glimmer of hope that Darren Moore can turn it round,  I would sack him tonight and put Neil Thompson in charge.

• Like 1