DARREN MOORE PRESS CONFERENCE

13 hours ago, splan80 said:

I just don't get DM at all. He sees things in his own little world. I don't think anyone else sees it like him. Truely Bewildering. 

It's all very well saying we battled well to get to 2-1, but explains nothing about again being so poo in the first half. How he lined us up, why he continues to play players out of position, how the team looks so clueless, why we can't create chances in open play, why we can mark at set plays. We he can't influence a game once it goes. 

Does anyone know anyone else who would have played Johnson at CB and Shodipo at wingback? Am sure Theo seemed to also be at wingback for a bit. It's just so ******** weird and I've never heard myself saying "WTF" so much!! I've also yet to see us string more than 20mins  decent play in any game. 

Why don't we actually go out to press and impose on games. We should be all over sides in the first 25 mins. Sure we may not get a lead etc, but it stops them from getting into their own rhythm. Make adjustments at half time and crack on with it in the 2nd.  It won't work all the time, but at least it gives the fans something to get behind and believe in. Release the shackles and let them use their talents, cos whatever DM is doing it ain't working and we haven't progressed since game 1. That should not be the case. It's frightening. 

Excellent post. And 20,000 others who go to games could have written it! Why can we all see the problems and Moore can't. It's bizarre, frustrating and no wonder fans are angry .

As ever Daz is spot on with his analysis of Moore's failings:

"I thought one of his attributes was that he knew this league?

Well it seems he has no idea how to get us to at least match the intense work rate of every team we've played so far who close us down while we stand off and let teams play against us. Every team we've played so far seem to want to win it more than we do and they don't give up... whereas we crumble.

Add to that this obsession of playing players out of position, changing line ups match to match and no discernable style then it explains why we are shamefully fragile.

Finally, playing it out of the back in league 1 is ridiculously risky, plus it slows us down and allows opponents to get organized and get everybody behind the ball to deny us space.

We know teams are going to raise their game against us but we are like clueless rabbits in headlights and it's rinse and repeat with no improvement from one game to the next. We lack commitment and lack concentration as we are too negative and hand the initiative to our opponents."

Guest Jack the Hat
On 30/10/2021 at 21:18, Cypriot Owl said:

Ebb and Flow.
What position do they play in?

No pal they were runners up on Britain’s got talent