Was This Really Only 5 years Ago ?

2 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Doesn’t seem 5 years ago.

Crazy really…

We are sat 9th in L1

Brighton are 5th in the PL

My in laws are Brighton season ticket holders,  needless to say it’s not a great situation for me these days.

Frustrating to think that after the Hull playoff defeat we only really needed to sign a centre back, defensive midfielder and effective wide player.  Brighton spent less than £10m to get Duffy, Kayal and Knockaert.  We spent double that on Abdi, Reach, Jones, Rhodes & Winnall.  Fantastic work by our club.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Screen Door Slams said:

Watch some of the football we play compared to now...................enough to make you weep.

Darren Moore shoukd be made to watch that, and then a journo ask him if he feels that he has produced performances that get our magnificent crowd going like that evening.  Then he should ask the question.....  what are you going to do to bring this kind if thing back!!!

• Like 1

We played some bloody lovely football that season. Playing out from the back but moving the ball purposefully with the aim of getting it up the pitch, and going more direct when we needed to - all with the aim of playing on the front foot and scoring goals. I really hope we can return to that kind of level again soon, feels like we’re a million miles away from it right now though 

• Like 2

Unfortunately for this generation who wernt around in the 90's this is the best they gonna get........20 years from now they will be saying, remember when we had.....hooper, forestieri, Westwood, fletcher ect.... beat arsenal and nearly got to the premier league

Shame really.........

• Like 2