Paterson booking

19 minutes ago, debram said:

Annoyed due to them time wasting/slowing down the game, it was all a bit farcical, bannan should have been booked not Patterson, should have just got on with the game.

They were just being professional - if we want to get out of League One, we need to wise up and be a lot smarter 

Bannan started the row out of thin air. Paterson steamed in to protect his colleague. I think I could even see Bannan saying to the ref ‘if anyone needed booking it’s me!’ The whole incident was pointless, daft and a bit comical really. 
In all honesty apart from this incident the ref last night wasn’t too bad. If anything he let clear fouls by our players go on a few occasions. He was a big bloke and didn’t seem in the mood for any bûllshit. 

The best ref we’ve had was the lady who reffed the Papa John’s game. She was excellent. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

They were just being professional - if we want to get out of League One, we need to wise up and be a lot smarter 

Heat of the moment yes but getting booked for constantly having a go at the ref is not professional, he wont change his mind.

1 hour ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Exactly.  Refs do nothing abpout blatant time wasting do they. It's infuriating .  From the tenth minute the Oxford GK was wasting time, all the ref did was that silly "rolling the ball" motion to him. I said "as usual he'll book him in the 90th minute", he didn't even do that!   

Last night or the Oxford game....or both?

I saw (on TV) the ball come back onto the pitch when the corner was in flight to the goalmouth.

The extra ball was recovered by their player but was taking as long as he could over getting off the pitch. Didn't he roll it about 6 yards in the wrong direction?

Bannan was obviously annoyed and tried to get the ball off him when he picked it up again. A tiny scuffle took place during which their players took part. With Bannan outnumbered 4:1 Patterson raced in to protect his mate, and other players from both sides did too.

I saw nothing serious and i thought no booking would follow, but Patterson protecting Bannan and if anything keeping others off had the honour of the yellow card.

Patterson had had words before with the ref in the early game following two head knocks to himself and one to another Owl in the first 10 minutes. the ref saw sweet FA. He should have been asked " Cannot you see a pattern emerging here?"

I found the referee poor and seemed satisfied with strutting round as the centre of attention killing time himself.

It's OK just saying the ref won't change his mind - he won't on a decision, but we see some other clubs bending their ears with success. Other players should take their turn in my opinion.

Hey - Ho he and ourselves are in the pub league for a reason.

2 hours ago, Mike Hunt said:

I didn’t know that , is it just reds ?

Unfortunately yes... you also can't appeal a second yellow card despite the fact it leads to a red. Which is why when Forestieri got sent off vs Hull for diving, and even Michael Dawson after the game said it was a foul and booking for him, we couldn't do anything about the fact he had a suspension due to the dismissal.

7 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Unfortunately yes... you also can't appeal a second yellow card despite the fact it leads to a red. Which is why when Forestieri got sent off vs Hull for diving, and even Michael Dawson after the game said it was a foul and booking for him, we couldn't do anything about the fact he had a suspension due to the dismissal.

The law is an ass.

The sooner Wednesday fans get their heads around the rules the easier it will be for all of us. You're allowed to time waste if you're playing against us, but if we do it it's a booking. Any time wasted during the game will be added on if we are winning, but not if we are losing or drawing. I don't see what is so difficult to understand about it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, kirksandallowl said:

Yes I think Pato got booked for the push/throw.

The problem occurred because the Ref failed to do anything about the blatant time wasting by Cambridge,  the second ball came back on to the pitch before the corner was taken but then the Cambridge player waited until the keeper had the replacement ball on the 6 yard line and instead of just rolling the original ball out of play on the side and getting on with the game tried to play the original ball back to the keeper with all the effort of an asthmatic sloth in order to cause further delay to the restart.  If the Ref had stamped out the time wasting Bannan wouldn't have felt the need to talk the law into his own hands.

Cambridge’s time wasting was probably some of the most blatant I’ve seen. They even kicked the ball away when it was going to be their own free kick. Ref just let them get away with it all game. Our players were having to retrieve the balls and hand it to them for their throws. Even the ball boys were in on it, a shot went wide at our end and ball boy didn’t even move and our keeper had to go and retrieve the ball (across that vast expanse of grass behind the goal where I guess they have shortened the pitch at one end)

• Like 1

BB was annoyed at there player for not giving the ball back and basically taking the ********. BB and there player then exchanged words, Patto then came over pushed there player (I think) then a few handbags happened. A bit of nothing really. No one should have got booked.  Just let the game carry on 

Guest Derby owl
20 hours ago, Walkley Owl said:

There was a moment in yesterday's match when the ball got booted over a stand. If I remember correctly, the original ball then landed back on the pitch just before Bannan took a corner with a second ball. Bazza then seemed vary annoyed at a Cambridge player about something. The ref came over and, after chatting to the linesman, and getting an earful from Baz, he booked Paterson.

Anyone any idea what was going on? Why was Bannan annoyed? Why was Paterson booked?

Weird i agree?

But wouldn't it be nice that players are aloud to speak a bit more and actually tell the fans whats going on..(within the club as well.)