Cambridge Utd v Owls Preview - OMDT

3 minutes ago, tinbath said:

Credit where it's due for 75 mins we stuck to the game plan,,,, it was the wrong plan and formation but at least we stuck to it.

I have to wonder if Colin agreed to Wing coming south as some sort of mystery package,,, just for the larf!!

A point is a point but that was a pretty diabolical performance,,,, have to feel for our away supporters,,,AGAIN

I am starting to think Chansiri might be a blade - the only excuse for allowing so many inept managers one after another to manage the club.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Automatic promotion winners don’t win 3 points from a possible 12 against Shrewsbury, Morecambe, Wimbledon and Cambridge

I see Sunderland had another dominant win.

Bizarre. It's almost as if they have a game plan, don't sit back, and play to their player's strengths and don't worry about the opposition. Or being tired. 

That wasn’t the most fun I’ve ever had. We were diabolical in the first half and poor the first 10 mins of the second. Switching to 442 seemed to help and we created better opportunities by running at Cambridge and by being a bit more direct. I bang on and on about getting balls to runners in the channel and when we did it we got a a goal. 
We had a good chance to score a winner but it wouldn’t really have been deserved. 
It isn’t time to change the manager IMO but I wish he’d wake up and smell the damn coffee about what works in L1!

2 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Bizarre. It's almost as if they have a game plan, don't sit back, and play to their player's strengths and don't worry about the opposition. Or being tired. 

Yeah but they've got used to playing in this league or summat (ignoring the fact they completely freshened their squad in the summer).

2 minutes ago, alanharper said:

They are playing the same formation at us but unlike us they that two defensive midfielders who can defend and 3 attacking midfielders who score and create goals

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

We did for most of it, but it is no good controlling it if you don't create that many chances until the last 20 minutes when you are losing.

This is not a good point today, it's another 2 dropped thanks to an abysmal 45 minutes. 

and there should be no excuse for that 45 mins, 13 plus games in and still looked clueless.

Just now, room0035 said:

They are playing the same formation at us but unlike us they that two defensive midfielders who can defend and 3 attacking midfielders who score and create goals

I think it's 20% formation and 80% mental and physical application and attitude. 

Loads of teams do well playing 442, 433, 4231 etc. Loads of teams do rubbish playing the same formations. It's about the group and how much they want it. They have the talent but not the application or effort sadly. Darren is too soft to push them as well. 

• Like 1

Laugh or cry?

On about 65 mins a simple pass was made to Dunks. First touch was awful, bobbled, so he tried to re-control it. Second touch was worse so the ball bobbled away. Third touch wasn’t great, but he sort of regained control. Fourth touch was a hoof wide right.

Why oh why? The fella has real assets, but pretending to be Beckenbauer or Van Dyke isn’t one of them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sternlad said:

Mr Moore to mention difficult first half windy conditions in his interview…nailed on?

To be fair it was 

But his tactics of trying to play out from the back into the wind with two of the worst  distributors of the ball in Dunkley and Iorfa beggers belief 

Scored the goal from route 1 Daz 

• Like 1

Just now, Holmowl said:

Laugh or cry?

On about 65 mins a simple pass was made to Dunks. First touch was awful, bobbled, so he tried to re-control it. Second touch was worse so the ball bobbled away. Third touch wasn’t great, but he sort of regained control. Fourth touch was a hoof wide right.

Why oh why? The fella has real assets, but pretending to be Beckenbauer or Van Dyke isn’t one of them.

Said recently its like when Jos had Lees playing out from the back, its painful to watch, just let him do what he is capable of, no nonsense defending. 

I’ve said Moore needs time and give him him 10/12 games to get the team to gel. But we are now at that point and he still doesn’t know his best 11 and there is no sign of progress. Why not make the subs at half time when it’s obviyits not working?

starting to have some worries about him now

10 minutes ago, Pastor Kidneys said:

Didn't Mandaric pull the trigger on Megson when we were 3rd in the league and just beat our neighbours?

DC needs to wake up and get rid of this loser without further delay.

No more games for him DC. 

Get rid now.

garymegson

• Like 1
  • Haha 1