Cambridge Utd v Owls Preview - OMDT

It’s time to say goodbye Moore. No doubt some will say this is the start of better things, however we say this week in, week out.

He’s clueless and cannot motivate a team, let’s cut our losses and start again before it’s too late, is Bullen still available? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

No, it wasnt.

We were good for about 20 minutes against Cambridge.

Don’t agree.

We were away and barely gave them a sniff second half. We were far better last 20 I agree, but as away performances go that was a good 45.

Dont get me started on the first 45.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Its a combination of a few things.

Tactically we are a blackhole.

Team selection, get the right f@cking players in the right positions. Deli, Baz and Dennis need to form the midfield core of this team, get them working together, give them a good run of games.

Mentality still missing, individually and collectively.

Opposition, absolutely wound up and ready to sh!t on our parade, we knew it was coming this season and it makes the point above even more pertinent.

10 minutes of urgency and effort at the end won't cut it.

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

EMBARRASSING.     Much worse that last season.   Last season we were playing again good Championship teams.   We have a squad of mostly Championship level players but we are being outplayed by 3rd division teams game after game.  Struggling against the likes of the Mighty Morecambe, Fleetwood, Shrewsbury, Wimbledon, Oxford and now Cambridge.   I know we do not have a god given right to beat all these teams but the way we set up, the way the team is changed every game with the same negative tactics it is no wonder we are embarrassed every game.  The club is being shamed by this management team…the fans deserve better.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Joe Jockstrap said:

It’s time to say goodbye Moore. No doubt some will say this is the start of better things, however we say this week in, week out.

He’s clueless and cannot motivate a team, let’s cut our losses and start again before it’s too late, is Bullen still available? 

That would be another disaster, but do wouldn't surprise me with anything.

• Like 1

Just now, Holmowl said:

Don’t agree.

We were away and barely gave them a sniff second half. We were far better last 20 I agree, but as away performances go that was a good 45.

Unfortunately a game of football lasts 90 minutes. It's like finishing first in the egg and spoon race but you smashed the egg on your face in the first 10 metres of the race. 

• Like 2

Darren Moore game management is like Chansiri Club management about 2 months late. 

There should have been changes to the system and players at half time and a rocket up their arses for producing the dross in the first half, instead we wait until 20 minutes into the second half to make changes.

We are playing the wrong formation every one with half a brain cell can see it, but the fool in the dug out. We are too slow and predictable with everything going through Bannan and we cannot play out from the back then hoof it up front. 

I am at that point where I have stop caring about the club, we have lost our identity, the club only get in touch when they want my money, there is no leadership on the pitch or off of it and if I have to read one more article from a player where we are going to do this and that. Then they give the shower of poo performance like we got once again tonight. For me i would drop everyone of them and play the under 18's on Saturday at least we would see some entertainment and a team that scores goals.

• Like 1

Overall that was a very poor performance and lacked belief, urgency, fight and composure. 

A point against a poor team papers over the cracks and Moore is way out of his depth. For much of the game that was very hard to watch.

• Like 6

Credit where it's due for 75 mins we stuck to the game plan,,,, it was the wrong plan and formation but at least we stuck to it.

I have to wonder if Colin agreed to Wing coming south as some sort of mystery package,,, just for the larf!!

A point is a point but that was a pretty diabolical performance,,,, have to feel for our away supporters,,,AGAIN

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

We controlled the second half.

We did for most of it, but it is no good controlling it if you don't create that many chances until the last 20 minutes when you are losing.

This is not a good point today, it's another 2 dropped thanks to an abysmal 45 minutes. 

I think it’s the mentality more than anything for me,  it’s not right , and it’s not right by a long long way 

I can’t pretend to be happy with a point at Cambridge,  improved second half slightly , but I don’t think the manager will learn his lessons in team selection and tactics I think he’s absolutely insistent on playing a system that doesn’t suit us

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Don’t agree.

I can just see it now you turn up for work tomorrow, do naff all for the morning, then have a long lunch and work from 4pm till 5.30pm, how many days do you think you would last before you boss told you to find a new job.

We as a football team have not played a full 90 minutes match in over 3 seasons. How can the management, players and coaching staff be so ******** useless to not be able to at least get 90 minutes of effort.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Unfortunately a game of football lasts 90 minutes. It's like finishing first in the egg and spoon race but you smashed the egg on your face in the first 10 metres of the race. 

Thanks mateI’ve now got a vision of Dunkley trying to hold onto his egg but badly controlling it after 4 fumbled attempts.

• Haha 1

Hope Moore spotted that the goal came from a long ball up the pitch quickly. Pace = Dele and Shodepo and more power from Dennis and hay presto. Get Hutch back on for Dunkley, and hopefully Windass half games for Patterson and we are not far off.

Need to get inside Wings head and get his confidence going, he made an awesome debut but since then…unless it returns needs dropping.

Oh yeh, and please keep Palmer away from their box, he’s just unlucky….forever, never goes for him.