If Moore managed a PL quality first team in League 1.

Would he be in the automatics now? Are the frustrating performances all down to his tactics, or does he not currently have the quality of players capable of following his system? Are they just not used to each other's individual style. In other words, with a team that has talented players and has already 'gelled', would his tactics be successful? If so, is it the Manager's tactics, the individual player's capabilities, or the team collective that has the most influence on success?

Tactics is number 1 reason. Players aren't above league 1 standard is number 2.

I'd suspect if we had Premier league players under Moore they'd shun his tactics and do whatever the fizz they wanted to win the game. That's why they play at that level, they have footballing brains for the most part. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Owl Stork said:

Would he be in the automatics now? Are the frustrating performances all down to his tactics, or does he not currently have the quality of players capable of following his system? Are they just not used to each other's individual style. In other words, with a team that has talented players and has already 'gelled', would his tactics be successful? If so, is it the Manager's tactics, the individual player's capabilities, or the team collective that has the most influence on success?

IMO these players are not talented..its beyond me why people say its a talented squad. Having seen us play I question even how some have got to be professionals...no basic skills

Managers tactics..jury out for me due to above.

4 hours ago, Andy W said:

IMO these players are not talented..its beyond me why people say its a talented squad. Having seen us play I question even how some have got to be professionals...no basic skills

Managers tactics..jury out for me due to above.

It’s always an interesting one. Every Rotherham fan I know says Wing was outstanding in the Championship. The stats on Shodipo shows he was a top League 1 player last year. Dunkley captained a League 1 promotion side 2 years ago. 
On a transfer value site Wednesday have by far the most valuable squad in the league, with values based on past performance etc.

Not sure what to make of it

There is a point to what OP says.
Obviously, PL quality would top any lower league. We have no such quality. Look at Coventry in C’ship. Storming up the table like Richard Branson’s summer ride. Quality trumps the tactics of a team incapable of executing. A PL team can get away with its creativity alone to win out in L1 in spite of any tactics. 

We’ll need a payload of patience for this season’s team to climb into the top 6. UTO. 

Guest Jack the Hat
15 hours ago, markg said:

Moore will make it to the premier league before we do 

Maybe as an assistant or coach but not manager. Absolutely no way.

Guest Jack the Hat

He had a premier league squad in the championship with West Brom, got sacked and they brought in Bilic to finish the job. Think that's you're answer.