Newcastle takeover.

On 12/10/2021 at 18:39, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

Did one off the Russian teams do something similar? 

Anzhi Makhachkala wasn't it. 

But that was because the city is in the middle of a war zone and the players were at risk of kidnap. Not too dissimilar from the Toon

• Haha 3

Apparently, the new owners are planning on spending only 100 million on new players over the next four seasons. 

Source: Telegraph/Mirror.

That would be hilarious. They get a takeover with individuals with 350 billion and they're similar to Mike Ashley.

12 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Apparently, the new owners are planning on spending only 100 million on new players over the next four seasons. 

That would be hilarious. They get a takeover with individuals with 350 billion and they're similar to Mike Ashley.

They come under FFP, that's probably why.

That said, I'm guessing these people own lots of companies that are willing to put a lot of money into advertising with the said club and sponsorship deals.

They will find a way round it when the time is right.

1 hour ago, Dronfield Blue said:

They come under FFP, that's probably why.

That said, I'm guessing these people own lots of companies that are willing to put a lot of money into advertising with the said club and sponsorship deals.

They will find a way round it when the time is right.

I'd heard/ read a few things that FFP wouldn't be an issue for a three or so years, even if they spent silly money for a few seasons.

Who knows.

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

I bet that's to gain realistic prices from selling clubs.

Wesley Fofana for example, signed for Leicester for 36m. I bet Newcastle end up paying over 50m for him alone, if not nearly double what Leicester paid.

Apparently a formal approach has been made.

1 hour ago, bigash_swfc said:

I bet that's to gain realistic prices from selling clubs.

This, but they can fill the media with as much of it as they want, 1) nobody will believe it, and 2) even if they did run it tightly, people know the owners are worth 320 billion so selling clubs will try and rip them off regardless. 

• Like 1

Best bit is who on earth do they get in atm? 

They need a manager to keep them up. 

Not going to attract world class manager atm, irrespective of how much money they have. 

Big Sam to the rescue! lol

• Haha 1

I know this sounds a little far fetched.... but does anyone think this wont end well for those Geordie fans?

I just have this niggling feeling that the owners have a bigger plan than just taking an English football club over. Get ready for a Saudi Arabia franchise club....

1 hour ago, danblakemore said:

I know this sounds a little far fetched.... but does anyone think this wont end well for those Geordie fans?

I just have this niggling feeling that the owners have a bigger plan than just taking an English football club over. Get ready for a Saudi Arabia franchise club....

Something does seem a bit odd about it all.

Can't put my finger on it.

Mrs Staveley was an important figure in the City takeover, but you wouldn't likely know about it without reading up on that process.

At Newcastle though she has been front and centre of the bid and now she is part of the board too.

• Like 2