Newcastle takeover.

On 23/10/2021 at 22:08, matthefish2002 said:

Interesting one this… the Prem not making a comment (ignore/washes their hands of any backlash… those who made the sign could be investigated for racism… (although it’s since been dropped I think) 

So the Prem might just hide in the background whilst fans of other clubs do the protesting. 

Whata mess 

2 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

PL clubs “we will not sell any of our players to Newcastle in January as we want to see them relegated”

Newcastle “hey Palace here’s £40m for Zaha, any good?”

Palace “can you pick him up on 1st Jan?” 

Would Palace accept 40m for Zaha? Not sure about that

I don't see why the none top clubs would really care about damaging Newcastle, if they actually have the money to spend they'll get there eventually, so not sure why they would actively try to get them relegated.

They would just cut their nose off to spite their face as Newcastle would just buy from abroad

Not sure £40m would get you Zaha's right leg. 

Which is a pretty damning comment on today's game but.. there we are. One of the more under the radar effects of the money swilling around the Prem now is that the also-rans absolutely have the power to hold out for stupid money if they want to. You don't even need to still be in the division. Dem Blades getting £30m for Ramsdale after being relegated is one of the most ludicrous deals I've ever heard. 

6 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

PL clubs “we will not sell any of our players to Newcastle in January as we want to see them relegated”

Newcastle “hey Palace here’s £40m for Zaha, any good?”

Palace “can you pick him up on 1st Jan?” 

Spot on, no matter the fee if newcastle offer enough money the other PL clubs will accept it quickly enough.  Only Chansiri would turn down big money for a player and let them walk out for nothing 18 months or so later.  

• Like 1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59144370 

it's not looking good in the search for a new manager. According to this Unai Emery rejects interest, Eddie Howe is next favourite, Paulo Fonseca also mentioned and Newcastle previously made approaches for Antonio Conte, Xavi and Joachim Low but all have turned them down. Eddie Howe though. I bet Wilder will be getting mentioned soon.

lol

2 hours ago, Incognito Owl said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59144370 

it's not looking good in the search for a new manager. According to this Unai Emery rejects interest, Eddie Howe is next favourite, Paulo Fonseca also mentioned and Newcastle previously made approaches for Antonio Conte, Xavi and Joachim Low but all have turned them down. Eddie Howe though. I bet Wilder will be getting mentioned soon.

lol

Would have been astounded if they got him! 

I suggested Potter to my Newcastle friend and he agrees that he wants him. They can get all the top managers in the latter years but right now they need a solid base and steady progress

• Like 1

On 26/10/2021 at 13:42, sheffield_dave said:

Which is a pretty damning comment on today's game but.. there we are. One of the more under the radar effects of the money swilling around the Prem now is that the also-rans absolutely have the power to hold out for stupid money if they want to. You don't even need to still be in the division. Dem Blades getting £30m for Ramsdale after being relegated is one of the most ludicrous deals I've ever heard. 

Rammers is pushing for England, apparently been very good all season

Guest Mcguigan
On 26/10/2021 at 13:42, sheffield_dave said:

£30m is looking like Arsenal got the better part of the deal.

Anyone else find it hilarious that before the takeover, when Howe was mentioned as a successor to cabbage head they were up in arms because they wanted a big name not a one club southern softie ( nobody mentions Burnley). One massive takeover and speculation later and who is the favourite? Old southern softie. 

3 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Anyone else find it hilarious that before the takeover, when Howe was mentioned as a successor to cabbage head they were up in arms because they wanted a big name not a one club southern softie ( nobody mentions Burnley). One massive takeover and speculation later and who is the favourite? Old southern softie. 

He's definitely not the fans favourite. They're still moaning on and on about how hard done to they are. 

I think the fact that they are currently crap and staring relegation in the face might put any prospective manager off.

His first job is to try and keep them up. Very unlikely. 

His second job is to sort out their crap squad, for a promotion push, or to stave off relegation again!

And if they don't bounce straight back up, which will be 100% expected locally, the job becomes a poison chalice. Again.

Wherever their new manager is currently sat, watching telly, he's better off there, than facing a cold, hard winter in the north-east, trying to get a tune out of a bunch of failures.

• Like 2

Courting managers publicly only for them to turn the job down never bodes well for whoever eventually ends up taking the job, although they do nicely out of it financially. Similarities to Spurs replacing Mourinho over summer - they obviously never wanted Nuno in the first place and ended up potting him after 10 games

• Like 1