Newcastle takeover.

Just now, Adem Poric said:

Didn't you say earlier in the thread you have spent time in Saudi?

Women are controlled from birth until death. They must have a male guardian who gets to make any critical decisions on their behalf.

The guardian system means women can't travel or even apply for a passport, they cant choose a partner and may be forced to marry while still a child, there is a large percentage of women who have been affected by domestic violence. They are also discriminated against in employment, healthcare and multiple other areas.

I'm currently sat in my flat in Riyadh - I work with many Saudi females in my current role. Whilst they don't have western levels of 'freedom' they are by no means as oppressed as some of the stuff that people are putting on here.

I'd like to know how they are discriminated against in employment. Domestic violence is not just a Saudi problem is it?

Women can and do travel and very often across to Duabi and Bahrain. 

I would add one other thing in all of this - Saudi Arabia is Islamic and there are many other countries who have worse regimes than Saudi. The country is changing and fast and will continue to evolve at a rapid rate of knots under Vision 2030.

7 hours ago, Plonk said:

Yes mate, such an outcry, it stopped them from happening! Oh hang on.

My point was that no matter what the fans think, it will happen. I don’t think there is one single football fan ( outside of Qatar) that thinks it’s a good idea to give them the World Cup.

Its all about the £££££

I wouldn't disagree regarding Qatar. A disgraceful decision to hold it there, but we shouldn't expect anything better from Fifa thesedays.

7 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

George Gallaway can hardly take the moral high ground when he met (many times), and openly supported Saddam Hussain. 

. The man is a complete hypocrite. 

Yep, he's had cosy relationships with a host of monsters over the years.

• Like 1

Guest Kameron
26 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

Yep, he's had cosy relationships with a host of monsters over the years.

Honey in particular was a proper ********

8 hours ago, edmontonowl said:

They're all pigs in the trough and now one of the pigs got considerably fatter.

The main driving force behind this will be the top/big clubs, as their is a new competitor in the league now; one that threatens to take up one of those cherished Champions League spots.

Super league anyone? 

Watch this space.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

I'm currently sat in my flat in Riyadh - I work with many Saudi females in my current role. Whilst they don't have western levels of 'freedom' they are by no means as oppressed as some of the stuff that people are putting on here.

I'd like to know how they are discriminated against in employment. Domestic violence is not just a Saudi problem is it?

Women can and do travel and very often across to Duabi and Bahrain. 

I would add one other thing in all of this - Saudi Arabia is Islamic and there are many other countries who have worse regimes than Saudi. The country is changing and fast and will continue to evolve at a rapid rate of knots under Vision 2030.

How dare you educate the experts with your first hand knowledge?! 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Super league anyone? 

Watch this space.

Said this at the time.

The Super League will be rebranded, rebadged, tweaked - whatever. But it will come back. And next time it will go through. 

There just needs to be a catalyst that convinces the member clubs that what they want outweighs the blowback no matter how strong, and a team owned by Saudi Arabia with more wealth than the rest of them combined sounds like quite a spark to me. 

Give it 5 years of no CL catching up to Arsenal and Spurs, Chelsea and City’s noses out of joint, Man U and Liverpool pushed out of the CL slots again, PSG and Real suddenly not the biggest money player, Barca floundering, and let’s see how much they really care about a few “legacy” fans booting off next time. 

41 minutes ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

Why Newcastle though?

If you have all this supposed wealth would you not buy an already established big club?

Barcelona, Man Utd, Real Madrid etc

Tbf, you could have said the same about Man City in 2008.