Jaden Brown

First half, I thought we were poor throughout the team despite being 1-0 in front.

We played much better in the second half and Brown really came to the fore.

The surprising conclusion though is that we can now win matches with a more direct approach and without Bannan on the field.

Brown's best performance so far this season.  

He keeps playing like he did, then he will soon find himself a regular starter.  

What I liked about him was that he always pushed forward, even when there was little space ahead and around him.  

Loved his work rate and desire to get forward.  

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Ronio said:

Brown's best performance so far this season.  

Funnily enough I felt he'd played better in his earlier appearances, but glad he's back and his energy/workrate are a big boost, would prefer to see him at LB with Shodipo in front of him but Moore might not trust him defensively...

Just now, Paul.. said:

Funnily enough I felt he'd played better in his earlier appearances, but glad he's back and his energy/workrate are a big boost, would prefer to see him at LB with Shodipo in front of him but Moore might not trust him defensively...

Team as is stands now would be Johnson at LB and Brown ahead of him.  

I like the look of Shodipo from the glimpses seen, but Brown and Johnson away from home especially with the capability to interchange is a very good option. 

It makes the Sow signing seem a little strange, and the lack of minutes of Corbeanu is a problem DM will need to solve, can't imagine Wolves will be happy if things continue as are 

• Like 2

Just now, Snowyowl61 said:

Speaking to a couple of Wigan fans this morning and they commented.. 'Don't like that No.13 Paterson, but I wish he played for us". Says it all, I think..

Sorry clicked on wrong link. Comment about Paterson still stands though. Thought Brown was very good last night, by the way

19 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Not for me.

Boy does he work hard. Fabulous work-ethic. Though I wish he’d stay on his feet.

But he’s never a winger in a million years. Doesn’t beat his man, doesn’t cross, and a rabbit in headlights faced with a chance. 

No idea if he’s a good LB. I’d wager he could be. 

Strangely he’s a good foil for Johnson, who performs far better from LB than LW, though in my opinion I’d see Johnson as an ideal LWB in a 352, doing away with the need for a LW altogether.

Spot on !

7 hours ago, Ronio said:

Team as is stands now would be Johnson at LB and Brown ahead of him.  

Brown was a left back at Tottenham and Huddersfield. We gave him the number 3 which suggests we signed him for the left back position.

Johnson has always been an attacking player at every club he's played for. I don't think he's a natural defender.

• Love 1

13 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Brown was a left back at Tottenham and Huddersfield. We gave him the number 3 which suggests we signed him for the left back position.

Johnson has always been an attacking player at every club he's played for. I don't think he's a natural defender.

Very impressed with his performance yesterday.  I would keep him at left wing for now and see how he progresses.  

Those driving runs forward, they couldn't cope and and often panicked which resulted in a foul and allowed us to move further up the pitch.  

Hitting teams on the counter attack with raw pace and power, reminds me of Adeniran's runs forward.  

Another player I would like to see break forward at pace more often is Iorfa.  

Lacked a bit of intelligence yesterday when he had the ball and just aimlessly ran into one of their players with the ball, when you could see what was going to happen, but overall he seems solid enough. I did laugh at his sh1thousery after we scored our first goal last night. As soon as we scored, he picked the ball out of the net then carried it a few yards before throwing the ball behind him 😂I’m surprised he wasn’t booked for it tbh.

• Like 1