All bets off

ANDY

4 minutes ago, Old Woodbourn Owl said:

On the subject freedom of speech it was on the news this morning that you cant use the term batsman it now has to be batter. If it was not for the fact it would be advertising gambling I would bet iron men would be metal person as iron would indicate its a woman as thats one of their favourite tools.  

Eh?

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, Old Woodbourn Owl said:

On the subject freedom of speech it was on the news this morning that you cant use the term batsman it now has to be batter. If it was not for the fact it would be advertising gambling I would bet iron men would be metal person as iron would indicate its a woman as thats one of their favourite tools.  

What you talkin about Willis.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Old Woodbourn Owl said:

giphy.gif

9 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

If it helps to protect those with a problematic relationship with gambling or those recovering from addiction being dragged into harmful habits, then what's the harm in removing it from the game?

There was a documentary a while back which showed that in one game there were more than 700 gambling adverts or logos displayed, equal to more than six logos per minute.

For somebody who's trying to keep their addiction under control and simply wants to enjoy a day out at the football, this feels like an unnecessarily cruel form of enticement.

if someone wants to gamble they will, makes no difference regards adverts etc , i know someone well who has gambled away possibly 100k in 10 years in nobles etc , these places should be regulated maybe on a membership only basis that way someone who has issues cant be abused and preyed on , i cant imagine how much tax the gov gets from the hundreds of thousands plus who have serious issues with gambling its obscene and it ruins many lives . 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John Middleton said:

what about horse racing shall we ban that too!

dont give them ideas ,in this crazy world that could go in a few years , but amazingly boxing which causes huge damage to the skull/brain is allowed ,so is buying explosives/fireworks you just have to laugh its crazy that loads of things get banned or restricted yet certain dangerous things are allowed. 

1 hour ago, morganowl said:

if someone wants to gamble they will, makes no difference regards adverts etc. 

Then there's no need to advertise it, then?

:duntmatter:

There are also plenty of people who don't want to gamble and spend their waking hours actively trying to resist the urge. Bombarding them with adverts enticing them to gamble whilst they watch a game of football is something we can do without. 

It's good news but I'm unsure of it's impact.

I limit myself to £5 a week and quite often, I don't even bother.

I have a few friends who don't have the same limits as me, they gone as far as £150 a month, when it's not affordable for them either.

For me, I love the premier league. I don't need to stick money on Bruno & Pogba to appreciate how good they are. It's just brilliant to watch these world class players play in the UK