Premier League 21/22

1 hour ago, Rodger Wylde said:

Am I just getting old and grumpy or does anyone else have no interest in watching Manchester City hammer Norwich City 5-0. I'm sure City fans would love it.

I recorded MotD and started watching it and just thought, 'this is dull and what is the point'.

It is rather predictable. 

A few seasons' back, I went to watch City v Watford. Have a mate who is a proper City fan, so we have taken in a few games in recent times. 

Anyway, City won 8-0 and were 5 up after about 17 minutes. Now, I obviously didn't have much of a vested interest in the game anyway, but I never thought I'd witness an eight nil demolition job and feel almost nothing. You admire the quality of City's play, but when they're doing that it is almost like watching a local 5 aside where one team is getting a whooping - that's how one sided it is. 

The real kicker was when City got a pen to make it four or five nil and me and my other mate (another non-City fan who had come for the day) stood up, only to realise that we were the only fans who were stood up for a penalty. All the City fans around us were sat down. 

I suppose when you're that good, it almost doesn't mean as much. 

• Like 1

Arsenal were absolutely insipid. I don’t know who in the top league they’d have beaten playing like that today.

They seem to be getting credit for not getting drilled, after Chelsea got out of second gear in the first half.. to neutral in the second.  

Guest Mcguigan

Arteta doesn’t seem to able to adapt his tactics in play.

Constantly getting exposed in the first half on their left cause of the full backs bombing on. Just tell Tierney to do his first job and defend in his half for a 20 min spell. Stop overlapping Saka and stop the momentum Chelsea had down that side.

Big club Arsenal, needs a big manager. Not Peps assistant.

Guest T Hardy
22 hours ago, SiJ said:

It is rather predictable. 

A few seasons' back, I went to watch City v Watford. Have a mate who is a proper City fan, so we have taken in a few games in recent times. 

Anyway, City won 8-0 and were 5 up after about 17 minutes. Now, I obviously didn't have much of a vested interest in the game anyway, but I never thought I'd witness an eight nil demolition job and feel almost nothing. You admire the quality of City's play, but when they're doing that it is almost like watching a local 5 aside where one team is getting a whooping - that's how one sided it is. 

The real kicker was when City got a pen to make it four or five nil and me and my other mate (another non-City fan who had come for the day) stood up, only to realise that we were the only fans who were stood up for a penalty. All the City fans around us were sat down. 

I suppose when you're that good, it almost doesn't mean as much. 

There’s a lot more one sided games in the PL than Sky (who always tell us it’s the best league in the world and there’s no easy games) would have you believe.

Whilst I would say it is, I think it’s overrated how good it is. We’ll see many demolitions this year from the top teams like we’d see in France and Spain, but people call it a farmers league when it happens in other countries 

Guest T Hardy
3 hours ago, Mcguigan said:

Arteta doesn’t seem to able to adapt his tactics in play.

Constantly getting exposed in the first half on their left cause of the full backs bombing on. Just tell Tierney to do his first job and defend in his half for a 20 min spell. Stop overlapping Saka and stop the momentum Chelsea had down that side.

Big club Arsenal, needs a big manager. Not Peps assistant.

I’d love to see Conte at Arsenal. They’ve spent £140m (!) though this summer, will they allow anyone to spend that much next summer? Seems like Conte turned Spurs down because he wasn’t guaranteed a spending spree