Premier League 21/22

Just now, SiJ said:

Klopp will use this to rant about the initiatives regarding physical contact.

Nailed on.

Think it was him who saw that turned into a red btw.

He was straight in Pawson's lug hole about it. 

Just watched it again, tackle doesn't seem a red card at all, just unfortunate how Elliot's ankle/lower leg seemed to stick in the ground. 

although it does seem stuff like this is becoming more prevalent in the modern game, maybe it's the boot design or even the pitches.

Never nice to see, but the hysteria will be unbearable.

Looks like a fractured ankle. Horrible, but the kid will recover.

The new initiative is to stop teams buying cheap fouls for the slightest contact. It is not encouraging teams to break legs and go in two footed.

That looked a yellow to me. 

Edited by SiJ

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Never nice to see, but the hysteria will be unbearable.

Looks like a fractured ankle. Horrible, but the kid will recover.

The new initiative is to stop teams buying cheap fouls for the slightest contact. It is not encouraging teams to break legs and go in two footed.

That looked a yellow to me. 

Agreed 

Don't think it was a red

Looked like the card was based on the outcome rather than the challenge

• Like 1

16 hours ago, scram said:

Agreed 

Don't think it was a red

I'm not 100% convinced it was even a yellow tbh.

Just a bad accident, not gone to hurt him. Would have to watch it again though in real time.

On 12/09/2021 at 20:19, scram said:

Agreed 

Don't think it was a red

Almost certain it was, even though they'll never admit it.

Klopp was clearly influencing the referee too, actively going on the field to talk to him.

Liverpool in danger of becoming the new Arsenal, where they'll constantly whinge about opponents being too physical...though in the case of Arsenal, I think they may have had a point, on occasions.

With Liverpool, they've been on the end of some rotten luck since last season, but I don't think teams are actively going out of their way to harm them. This is not Stoke under Pulis...

I'm all for the new initiative. English football has been ruined by these pathetic soft fouls for the slightest contact. Makes some games unwatchable.

A few years back, we played Fulham and they deservedly won the game one nil. However, the last 10 or so minutes were just Fulham going down, getting a foul and wasting time. The ref blew up every time. If we can see the end of x player backing into another, falling over, getting a foul, then I'm all for it.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

How exciting. A genuine title race with numerous contenders.

Best league in the world? My arse. lol 

Newcastle, Burnley, Norwich, Southampton etc are never gonna win the title, I don’t know why people think this is a reality lol 

Look across all leagues in the world, it’s the same 4-5 teams each time 

10 hours ago, SiJ said:

Liverpool in danger of becoming the new Arsenal, where they'll constantly whinge about opponents being too physical...though in the case of Arsenal, I think they may have had a point, on occasions.

With Liverpool, they've been on the end of some rotten luck since last season, but I don't think teams are actively going out of their way to harm them. This is not Stoke under Pulis...

I'm all for the new initiative. English football has been ruined by these pathetic soft fouls for the slightest contact. Makes some games unwatchable.

A few years back, we played Fulham and they deservedly won the game one nil. However, the last 10 or so minutes were just Fulham going down, getting a foul and wasting time. The ref blew up every time. If we can see the end of x player backing into another, falling over, getting a foul, then I'm all for it.

Didn't realise there was a new initiative. Will look into what it is then marvel at how it'll no doubt be used to screw Wednesday over somehow. Seems to be the way with refs we get, rules go out the window sometimes. Time wasting, kicking the ball away, red card worthy tackles all deemed irrelevant at S6 when the opposition do it. 

Yes I'm blinkered and wearing blue tinted glasses. 

15 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Look across all leagues in the world, it’s the same 4-5 teams each time 

It’s not even that most of the time. We always mock Scotland but that is about normal. People go on about Germany but it’s been absolute domination from Bayern for decades.

when I was growing up it was just Man Utd winning, when Arsenal won the league I was amazed, imagine watching a league that has never moved on from their version of Man Utd constantly staying at the top