Premier League 21/22

Guest Mcguigan
21 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Behave. He has way more than just pace in his locker. Strength, ball control, low centre of gravity, can cross. He’s a real problem 

Ball control? His first touch is almost a pass, his control of the ball is clumsy and his crossing is far more off point than on.

Take away his pace and he’d be Lg1 or 2.

Thought Wolves were extremely unlucky to not get atleast a point from that. Thought they played some good stuff, plenty of pace with the likes of Traore. Will say one thing though I don't actually think Jimenez suits their style of play, they need a fast striker with plenty of pace to get in behind.

2 hours ago, Mcguigan said:

Ball control? His first touch is almost a pass, his control of the ball is clumsy and his crossing is far more off point than on.

Take away his pace and he’d be Lg1 or 2.

Yeah, course he is.

1 minute ago, 0wl18 said:

Troare is all pace no product. 
104 games since 2018. 7 goals, 12 assists.

Theo Walcott in comparison 
86 games since 2018. 10 goals, 8 assists.

if Troare had an end product, he wouldn’t be at Wolves would he? 

Nathan Redmond - 101 games, 12 goals, 11 assists.

Stuart Armstrong - 92 games, 12 goals, 10 assists.

His team-mate Pedro Neto - 60 games, 8 goals, 9 assists.

Dwight McNeil - 98 games, 7 goals, 16 assists.

Just a few other examples of players with similar stats in the same period. Troare is pace and power. Has poor end product but, that can be worked on.

Guest Mcguigan
On 29/08/2021 at 20:58, Ellis Rimmer said:

You reckon if he lost his place like say Owen he could get by in the PL without it?

He’d have no chance.

Watch his ball control, it’s terrible. The amount of times he loses the ball through a poor touch is amazing for a PL footballer.

I’m not even sure it can be worked on and improved, he’s just clumsy with the ball at his feet.

10 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

He’d have no chance.

Watch his ball control, it’s terrible. The amount of times he loses the ball through a poor touch is amazing for a PL footballer.

I’m not even sure it can be worked on and improved, he’s just clumsy with the ball at his feet.

I agree 

I like Traore and can see why the Wolves fans do. Easy player to rally around. Gets bums off seats, tireless work rate, and he caused United no end of problems yesterday. Agree he's not a complete player but he brings a lot else to the team. 

Not sure he's the problem in that team. They've still not scored a league goal yet. He may have had an assist yesterday if Wolves were sharper in the final third and I dare say that may well be the case for their other games this year. 

1 hour ago, Mcguigan said:

He’d have no chance.

His ball control like the one in the second half where he took it out of the air and bamboozled luke shaw, one of the best LBs in the world right now? 

His end product can definitely use some work, but to say he’s just pace is bonkers.

He cuts infield and takes it past 3-4 players at a time with ease, and that involves close ball control. If he was just speed they’d have him hog the touchline and just sprint up and down that.

This vid captures all that 

• Like 1

Guest Mcguigan
26 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

His ball control like the one in the second half where he took it out of the air and bamboozled luke shaw, one of the best LBs in the world right now? 

His end product can definitely use some work, but to say he’s just pace is bonkers.

He cuts infield and takes it past 3-4 players at a time with ease, and that involves close ball control. If he was just speed they’d have him hog the touchline and just sprint up and down that.

This vid captures all that 

Every good thing he does involves his blistering pace. Every bad he does involves being a footballer.

A two minute highlight reel and only one decent opportunity created ( in the first 10 seconds) in the whole thing.

14 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

Every good thing he does involves his blistering pace. Every bad he does involves being a footballer.

A two minute highlight reel and only one decent opportunity created ( in the first 10 seconds) in the whole thing.

Wouldn’t you say it’s even harder to control the ball with blistering pace though! Remember Helan ffs, he’d belt the ball miles in front of him and run onto it lol that clip missed out the one on one vs shaw, but I thought he looked a special player on Sunday. With a top class manager who could sort out his end product, he’d be a real problem 

Looking at the transfers yesterday, West Ham look to have bought well. Kral looked good at the Euros, Vlasic scored a fair few in the Russian league. Both young as well. Moyes doing a really good job there.

Saul to Chelsea makes them even more steely, think they will win the league imo.