Premier League 21/22

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

A dump? Have you even got eyes lol 

It's not a dump, but it is showing its age.

Glazer's haven't invested properly in it for quite some time. Apparently, parts of the roof leak.

33 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Glazer's haven't invested properly in it for quite some time. Apparently, parts of the roof leak.

I think it’s great. Huge steep stands, fans close to the pitch. It’s a real cauldron

Nice idea in the guardian to level up the hopelessly distorted " best league in the world"

A 1 point deduction for every £5m in transfers.

So City can splurge as  much as they want but the Grealish transfer cost them 20 points.

If City complete the Kane transfer it brings thier top flight spending to over £1000 million.

4 hours ago, SiJ said:

It hasnt been updated/refreshed in a decade.

Nothing against a place with some classic soul to it, but at least burnish the chrome from time to time

56 minutes ago, beano said:

I thought he started the game a shadow of his former self and looked a little lost without Kane.

Then he scores.

Same. A couple of decent counter attacks broke down with Son in the first half. Just looked like he didn’t have the confidence to go for it himself and was looking for somebody else (I.e, Kane). Looked like he had a bit of a HT reminder that he’s the main man now and low and behold, up he pops with a great goal. 

Maura and the right back were immense for Spurs today. City didn’t look like they had an answer either to that or their own lack of a centre forward.

Levvy will be even more of a nightmare for City to negotiate with for Kane as a result of this game.

5 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

I think it’s great. Huge steep stands, fans close to the pitch. It’s a real cauldron

That may be true, but it’s behind several stadiums in this country now. Same as the training ground. That would have been unimaginable 20 years ago and is all down to the leech owners. 

43 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I can’t see how Grealish fits into this city team, yet. Early impressions give me the thought of too many cooks 

They’ve spent 100 million on someone who arguably doesn’t improve their starting 11. 

Edited by Night King
  • Like 1