George Hirst back in business

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Cool, I'm more interested in you getting on the pitch and scoring though as claimed.

Let us know when youve signed your pro contract and who you've signed for.

I'm excited to see how you get on

Get down to Portsmouth they'll snatch you up if youre as good as you claim @morganowl

1 minute ago, owlinexile said:

Sorry.

He was a model professional who always treated his body like a temple and has absolutely no stories at all about playing top level professional football matches several pints deep.

Better?

Yeah but who gives a shiteee about all that? Still a Wednesday legend. Bet most 90s footballers could tell you a similar story. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, morganowl said:

he was involved in nearly every squad , would you start hirst? the lad has got it made without having to do a damm thing thats whats wrong with football . the lad lives up ranmoor drives a sports car ,flash clothing etc yet aint done nothing . nothing personal against the lad but surely this aint right? 

That would be a no then

You weren't aware that he hardly got on the pitch

Thought so

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Cool, I'm more interested in you getting on the pitch and scoring though as claimed.

Let us know when youve signed your pro contract and who you've signed for.

I'm excited to see how you get on

my point is that 46 games x 90 mins if me and you stood on 6 yard line im sure we cud nick a goal . i will let you know i scored a hat trick 3 years ago against a french keeper on holiday , i was lethal you know ,life in the old dog still 

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Yeah but who gives a shiteee about all that? Still a Wednesday legend. Bet most 90s footballers could tell you a similar story. 

Yes they could.

But apparently we arent allowed to joke  about it in case someone takes the huff like you just rogered the pope.

4 minutes ago, morganowl said:

my point is that 46 games x 90 mins if me and you stood on 6 yard line im sure we cud nick a goal . i will let you know i scored a hat trick 3 years ago against a french keeper on holiday , i was lethal you know ,life in the old dog still 

No we couldn't.

You loon

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

David Hirst is without doubt the best striker EVER to play for Wednesday. 

I have watched us for over 60 years, no other striker comes close. An absolute phenomenal player. Loved the guy to bits.

Hirst was a great all round CF, probably the only one who came close for me was Warhurst for that fantastic short spell he had with us, he was even quicker than Hirst, I think, and he was lethal. 

14 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

I have watched us for over 60 years, no other striker comes close. An absolute phenomenal player. Loved the guy to bits.

I'm no club historian, but he certainly has some competition.

2139853839_Screenshot2021-08-03at20_32_05.png.067763b9fefa090aa335e55dfb3020a9.png

He's the best in my lifetime by a long chalk, though.

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'm no club historian, but he certainly has some competition.

2139853839_Screenshot2021-08-03at20_32_05.png.067763b9fefa090aa335e55dfb3020a9.png

He's the best in my lifetime by a long chalk, though.

Was number 5 the one who disagreed with his team mates all the time just for the fun of it?

Edited by markowl
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Asio otus said:

A few people I know who saw them both play, rate Fantham higher than Hirst. He must have been some player to be thought of like that. 

8 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

No goals in 31 Championship appearances last season.

He’ll be 23 by the end of this season.

Massive season for him, if he fails to score goals in League 1 then a career in the lower leagues awaits.

23! Cripes. Time flies.