George Hirst back in business

3 hours ago, scilly owl said:

I wish him well ( except against us )

The statistic that really surprised me was that he played 32 games for Rotherham last season and didn’t score once….or was even credited for an assist !!

That’s lean pickings for a striker.

That frankly says it all. If his name had been Smith no one on here would care one jot.  He is 22 years old no longer a kid.  It’s time we all moved on and left him to whatever his career brings him 

Guest Grandad
58 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Still, he IS a millionaire, so that should please his dad.

As a Dad I can't imagine any other Dad not being pleased that his son is financially independent, and if sensible set up for life, in his early twenties.

i'd be delighted if my lad was.

3 hours ago, Marro said:

For George Hirst it is a make or break season.  What is he made of?  We will see when the season gets underway.

On his dad's side, mostly Carling Black Label, pickled onions, adrenaline and stories about that time he had to go in goal Vs Man City with a raging hangover...

• Haha 1

Guest Grandad
12 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

On his dad's side, mostly Carling Black Label, pickled onions, adrenaline and stories about that time he had to go in goal Vs Man City with a raging hangover...

It never ceases to amaze me to read posts like this. It just comes across so bitter. Borderline offensive.

To a player who made just short of 300 appearances for us. Who scored over 100 goals - mostly at the very top level. Represented England while playing here and suffered the most horrendous injuries. Who never gave less than 100% effort in any game. Who gave up hours of his time completely free of charge to help young players develop in our academy long before his own son was involved. Who gave up hours of his time completely free of charge to work with the community programme and supporters groups to raise money for good causes, by attaching his good name to those causes, like Hirstys Bars. Who regularly rounded up ex-players like Sheridan and Waddle to assist with those causes as a favour to him. I remember one of the very best nights was Hirsty, Shez and Waddle all on one stage doing a Q&A to raise over £8k in one night for Andy Kalinins wife to assist her in sourcing cancer treatment abroad.

And all of that incredible work over 3 decades to be ruined because of our current Chairman. The man who has taken our club so far backwards its unrecognisable at the side of what he took over from Milan. 

If anybody deserves a statue at our club its David Hirst. 

Its so sad that some fans have such short memories.

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

It never ceases to amaze me to read posts like this. It just comes across so bitter. Borderline offensive.

To a player who made just short of 300 appearances for us. Who scored over 100 goals - mostly at the very top level. Represented England while playing here and suffered the most horrendous injuries. Who never gave less than 100% effort in any game. Who gave up hours of his time completely free of charge to help young players develop in our academy long before his own son was involved. Who gave up hours of his time completely free of charge to work with the community programme and supporters groups to raise money for good causes, by attaching his good name to those causes, like Hirstys Bars. Who regularly rounded up ex-players like Sheridan and Waddle to assist with those causes as a favour to him. I remember one of the very best nights was Hirsty, Shez and Waddle all on one stage doing a Q&A to raise over £8k in one night for Andy Kalinins wife to assist her in sourcing cancer treatment abroad.

And all of that incredible work over 3 decades to be ruined because of our current Chairman. The man who has taken our club so far backwards its unrecognisable at the side of what he took over from Milan. 

Well said

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

34 minutes ago, morganowl said:

i could score more than hirst . he scored zero last season out of 46 games in a team what played attacking style of football . he will be a millionaire and will have done nothing by time his leicester contract runs out. 

Go on then.

Let us know how you get on this season 

6 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I mean, it was a light-hearted comment about the absolute state of '90s footballers, of which he was a shining example of the breed, but sure...

Guest Grandad
Just now, owlinexile said:

I mean, it was a light-hearted comment about the absolute state of '90s footballers, of which he was a shining example of the breed, but sure...

Its one of many many offensive posts about probably the best servant this club (not just the team) has seen in my lifetime.

7 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Go on then.

Let us know how you get on this season 

im sure if a dog was running around the penalty area for 46 games im sure 1 what hits the dog and go in to the net.  i find it incredible that he couldn`t even get a single goal . 

Edited by morganowl

2 minutes ago, morganowl said:

im sure if a dog was running around the penalty area for 46 games im sure 1 what hits the dog and go in to the net.  i find it incredible that he couldn`t even get a single goal . 

I'm guessing you didn't know he hardly got on the pitch

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I'm guessing you didn't know he hardly got on the pitch

he was involved in nearly every squad , would you start hirst? the lad has got it made without having to do a damm thing thats whats wrong with football . the lad lives up ranmoor drives a sports car ,flash clothing etc yet aint done nothing . nothing personal against the lad but surely this aint right? 

Guest Grandad

He actually did score last season in the EFL Trophy for Leicester U23's against Hull City

So more than that list of our lot (and those fans who reckon they got the same)

Guest Grandad
Just now, morganowl said:

he was involved in nearly every squad , would you start hirst? the lad has got it made without having to do a damm thing thats whats wrong with football . the lad lives up ranmoor drives a sports car ,flash clothing etc yet aint done nothing . nothing personal against the lad but surely this aint right? 

🤣

Brilliant.

Jealous as f***

7 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Its one of many many offensive posts about probably the best servant this club (not just the team) has seen in my lifetime.

Sorry.

He was a model professional who always treated his body like a temple and has absolutely no stories at all about playing top level professional football matches several pints deep.

Better?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, morganowl said:

Cool, I'm more interested in you getting on the pitch and scoring though as claimed.

Let us know when youve signed your pro contract and who you've signed for.

I'm excited to see how you get on

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, owlinexile said:

Sorry.

He was a model professional who always treated his body like a temple and has absolutely no stories at all about playing top level professional football matches several pints deep.

Better?

Bless ya.

Just now, owlinexile said:

Sorry.

Better?

If that's your abiding memory of him I feel sorry for you.

I'd rather have my memories of him.