Reach to Baggies?

39 minutes ago, trev said:

He will probably score 12 worldies and they will sell him for 25 million to Barcelona.

Its the Wednesday way.

You'd still have armchair experts on here saying he was bobbins! 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Might play alright if he is paid. 

To be fair his pay might not have come through to him when he expected it to, but hasn't everyone been in full now? If that's right, and say he was on 20K a week, that's ove 5 million he's had out the club over the 5 years. Life changing money.

Is it too much for me to expect he put a shift in at that money for his full time here regardless of payment issues? You could flip the whole situation on its head and say the heartless performances of these last 2 seasons meant he was stealing a living anyway. 

There is a decent player in him, but he isn't of the right mindset to unlock his full potential imo

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, BlackGold said:

To be fair his pay might not have come through to him when he expected it to, but hasn't everyone been in full now? If that's right, and say he was on 20K a week, that's ove 5 million he's had out the club over the 5 years. Life changing money.

Is it too much for me to expect he put a shift in at that money for his full time here regardless of payment issues? You could flip the whole situation on its head and say the heartless performances of these last 2 seasons meant he was stealing a living anyway. 

There is a decent player in him, but he isn't of the right mindset to unlock his full potential imo

Is there a way to look up running stats or distance covered? I’m sure no other player has covered the yards reach has in past 5 years. But still we get the ‘it’s not too much to ask for him to put a shift in’ 

His stats for creativity are up there with Bannans. Yet one of them takes all the set plays, whilst the other is played in defence, or attack, or cm, or anywhere other than CB come to think of it. 

What a waste of a very good player. I’m sure he’ll do just fine after leaving us. Maybe find a manager who knows how to play him or a CF who can head his crosses or a fanbase that actually want their wingers to deliver good crosses and score good goals rather than tackle. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Is there a way to look up running stats or distance covered? I’m sure no other player has covered the yards reach has in past 5 years. But still we get the ‘it’s not too much to ask for him to put a shift in’ 

His stats for creativity are up there with Bannans. Yet one of them takes all the set plays, whilst the other is played in defence, or attack, or cm, or anywhere other than CB come to think of it. 

What a waste of a very good player. I’m sure he’ll do just fine after leaving us. Maybe find a manager who knows how to play him or a CF who can head his crosses or a fanbase that actually want their wingers to deliver good crosses and score good goals rather than tackle. 

Screenshot_20210725-123849.thumb.png.9e3c84070f80b83fea0e99afa30c42f4.png

Had his moments like most players signed during the Chansiri Era.

I wasn’t one of his biggest fans and got pelters on here for that.

He was one of many players during the last few years signed for too big a fee when in reality we had no idea how to fit him in the team properly.

Always makes me laugh about Steve Gibson and his personal P&S crusade. His club made the best part of £15m out of us selling Reach and Rhodes? Wasn’t complaining about us then, was he?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BlackGold said:

He was probably too busy on the phone to wonga.com to train properly.

he was as bad as the rest from the point the players were not paid on time eg December 2019.   I don’t blame them at all.  

2 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

He was probably too busy on the phone to wonga.com to train properly.

he was as bad as the rest from the point the players were not paid on time eg December 2019.   I don’t blame them at all.  

I do, all of them. In my eyes it's a different situation to that which an average person has. A months wages missing or delayed shouldn't mean bayliffs at door and no food on table. Digging in for the club, fans etc in situations like that are what being a professional is all about. Maybe naive but bottom line they didn't mind taking big wages out of club in good times, so owe it to the club and fans etc (not necessarily owner) to at least put a shift in during the difficult times

14 minutes ago, BlackGold said:

I do, all of them. In my eyes it's a different situation to that which an average person has. A months wages missing or delayed shouldn't mean bayliffs at door and no food on table. Digging in for the club, fans etc in situations like that are what being a professional is all about. Maybe naive but bottom line they didn't mind taking big wages out of club in good times, so owe it to the club and fans etc (not necessarily owner) to at least put a shift in during the difficult times

Yep very naive and you only need look at the evidence. Us and derby stopped paying players and plunged down the league .

always make payroll- rule 1 of any business .  

• Love 1

Reach is a classic in how poor we have been to turn over and make profit on a player 

I bet we could have been looking at 8 million plus the year and year after he had  his own goal of the season competition 

instead he fizzled out and went for free

same with fessy and others 

• Like 4

Good player Reach - shame it ended like it did both off and on field. It wasn't Reach's fault we paid £3m, and £30k/week for four seasons. 

He was never consistently played his best position of wide left in a 4 man midfield of front three. He was BB's only real outlet at times last season, simply because of his vision and pace to get into good positions whilst our other players meanded around. His resistances or inability to tackle was a weak spot but it really wasn't or shouldn't have been his role in the team. It became the focal point of fan's criticism; a distraction from more serious issues in the team.

He's 28 so will have a good three seasons left at the top end of the Championship, earning a good salary - good on him

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Nixon says West Brom interested in Adam Reach.

Which is odd. Why would a promotion-seeking huge budget Club want a player who doesn’t tackle strongly enough?

Maybe they think goals, assists and the fitness to play 44 x 90 mins are more important.

Things clearly not pointing in the right direction :duntmatter:

Many of us think last season was his worst for us.

Played 49 of our 51 games.

6 goals.

5 assists.

If you think that was a bad season I’d hold onto your hat for what we can look forward to from his replacements.

I can't see who he starts ahead of in the current WBA squad. I know they're looking a bit light up top, but their current team all look far more suited to their new managers style of play than Reach. 

Not sure reach of the past couple of seasons would have made the starting line up in last seasons Barnsley team.

I'd like to see what he can do at a team like Bournemouth with scott parker at the helm. 

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, BlackGold said:

Most of them will have big mortgages or other monthly commitments which they signed up to when they'd signed a contract and thought they could plan on having tens of thousands of pounds coming in every month.

Whilst none of them will have gone broke, I wonder how many have had to ring their banks and tell them they can't make payments this month. Which could affect their credit rating and stuff.

If someone did that to me I'd be pretty annoyed and wouldn't exactly pull my finger out to help their failing business when I know I'd be leaving in 6 months anyway.