Reach to Baggies?

3 minutes ago, unkastav said:

Same. Ive noticed a trend on here the last few weeks where fans seem to be forgetting how often these so called stars let us down so badly last season…. Paid or not

The chairman let us down badly last season.

The squad actually did their bit and stayed in the division despite off the field shenanigans and not being paid on time.

We’d be a Championship club if the chairman didn’t get us points deducted. Players did their bit despite having a ridiculously unbalanced squad and being constantly messed about with wages.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

The club site described him as a winger. I've genuinely never come across the idea that Reach was signed as a left-back before. What are you basing it on?

514280611_Screenshot2021-07-26at12_44_49.thumb.png.ed37e1e11b61ff009018bbc1509d649e.png

I think that he played left wing back in a loan spell somewhere, possibly Preston?? That's all I can think of to be honest.

11 minutes ago, markg said:

I think that he played left wing back in a loan spell somewhere, possibly Preston?? That's all I can think of to be honest.

He played left midfield for Preston. Never played left back in his career before Wednesday moved him there for a few games under Carlos.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I have just categorically proven that he wasn’t signed as a left back and you still think he was.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/video-sheffield-wednesday-no-extra-motivation-necessary-former-preston-loan-star-adam-reach-451490

He moved to left back that season but was not signed to play there. To quote Carlos again:

“When Adam has played left wing, he has done very well. When Adam played as a striker, he played very well against Cardiff so we are very happy to bring him in.

“He’s a left winger but Adam plays at a high level wherever he plays.”

lol

Definitely a left back

The chairman let us down badly last season.

The squad actually did their bit and stayed in the division despite off the field shenanigans and not being paid on time.

We’d be a Championship club if the chairman didn’t get us points deducted. Players did their bit despite having a ridiculously unbalanced squad and being constantly messed about with wages.

Bit of both surely. I saw no urgency on the pitch v forest to keep us in the division, surely we deserved that

He played left midfield for Preston. Never played left back in his career before Wednesday moved him there for a few games under Carlos.

Looked good for pne on the wing 

4 minutes ago, unkastav said:

Bit of both surely. I saw no urgency on the pitch v forest to keep us in the division, surely we deserved that

Maybe. But players had yet again not been paid on the eve of that crucial game. They’re not Wednesday fans who would die for the club, fans often forget that. They’re workers being asked to perform to the highest level despite not being paid. I think in most work environments the level and quality of work would be very below par. Particularly if it’s not the first time this happened.

On 25/07/2021 at 11:25, SallyCinnamon said:

Exactly. Past two seasons for whatever reason he wasn’t at the races. But before that he was a really good player at this level. 

Will do well wherever he goes 

Do well if played as a left winger not everywhere on the park as he was messed about here.

• Like 1

On 25/07/2021 at 11:01, Holmowl said:

Nixon says West Brom interested in Adam Reach.

Which is odd. Why would a promotion-seeking huge budget Club want a player who doesn’t tackle strongly enough?

Maybe they think goals, assists and the fitness to play 44 x 90 mins are more important.

Looks set to confirmed a WBA player today, as *some* of us expected walks straight into a top 6 side challenging for promotion.

The Adam Reach conundrum is actually a great way to tell how credible a poster on Owlstalk is...anyone who consistently slated him last season for bizarre reasons like ‘not getting stuck in’ or is perplexed why he’s walked straight into a good team are the posters you want to avoid. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Lionel Fessi said:

Looks set to confirmed a WBA player today, as *some* of us expected walks straight into a top 6 side challenging for promotion.

The Adam Reach conundrum is actually a great way to tell how credible a poster on Owlstalk is...anyone who consistently slated him last season for bizarre reasons like ‘not getting stuck in’ or is perplexed why he’s walked straight into a good team are the posters you want to avoid. 

Reach had all the tools but not the desire and would have been an expensive luxury in this division. His wages may have unsettled some of the other players in the squad. When he first arrived he burst past the opposition with a bit of power and pace (in an inside left type position and caused the opposition problems) as he got comfortably established in the squad he played well, but within himself I thought. This last season was an embarrassment and he should be ashamed of his efforts.  To watch him and Bannan get ripped apart by an average championship winger in our left back area time and again was depressing to watch. He became a leg dangler and shirker of tackles and just played when he felt like it.

He has the engine and physique to be so much better and may be more suited to another challenge and indeed it might be the case that WBA are defensively tougher to penetrate allowing Reach to stay up the field. There is a player there when motivated time will tell if he is a success at WBA, but in our current situation I'm glad he has gone. 

Good player who sometimes lacks proper application.

He may well go there and do quite well. He's got plenty of ability, but can have the heart of a pea.

Not even to do with him neshing tackles, more just a general passiveness to his efforts.