Moore on his targets

3 hours ago, Stu said:

Steady on!! Is this one of those pre seasons where we actually plan for the upcoming season? If so I like it 

Very, very unsettling, us going about a pre-season sensibly for a change. World probably ends next month!

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Raminpeace said:

so is Calvert-Lewin. 

Maguire is different though as he supported Wednesday first and was supposedly a season ticket holder and went to games with his family when he was a kid/teenager. He was in United's Youth and made his breakthrough with them. In one of the past few games between us at Hillsborough is was in with the United fans and he has said he supports both I think. Jamie Vardy has questioned him on this and his allegiance several times too.

15 minutes ago, Incognito Owl said:

Maguire is different though as he supported Wednesday first and was supposedly a season ticket holder and went to games with his family when he was a kid/teenager. He was in United's Youth and made his breakthrough with them. In one of the past few games between us at Hillsborough is was in with the United fans and he has said he supports both I think. Jamie Vardy has questioned him on this and his allegiance several times too.

He did go to Hillsborough until he broke into the team, was a season ticket holder, don't know if he has swapped back now he isn't with them, but Vardy has said he has told him he has to choose and that he cant support both teams

• Like 2

8 hours ago, owlinexile said:

Situations change.  Intelligent people change their opinions when new information becomes available.

The EFL is clearly going to be leaning over Chansiri's shoulder for the foreseeable future, making sure he does his job right.  Which can only be a good thing.

Far less leaning in this division. 

14 hours ago, the third man said:

He did go to Hillsborough until he broke into the team, was a season ticket holder, don't know if he has swapped back now he isn't with them, but Vardy has said he has told him he has to choose and that he cant support both teams

Is Vardy the king of football now?

After being a bit England focussed for a few weeks it’s nice to actually see that our manager is stating glaringly obvious things and trying to address shortcomings that literally everyone can see! 

The striker is going to be the key position of course. In Moore’s favoured formation the player leading the line is absolutely key. In L1 fast wingers and a brute up front are the tried and tested formula. As of yet I haven’t seen us linked with anyone for the main striker position and we need two of the bûggers! Fingers crossed Moore has gone public with that list because that’s what he’s got lined up!

The Loan/free market has been ripe for a number of years now but this has become more prominent since Covid. There's some real talent available for next to nothing. The two signings thus far have been very refreshing.

We have a manager who players want to play for. The Christians In Football link seems to be a weapon in our arsenal id have never expected. To attract such talent after the wages shambles is the testament to the man we have in charge.

We need a proper striker option as well as a couple more wingers/wide attackers and then the other obvious positions.

Here's to hoping this is the great 'reset' we needed after our 3-4 years of unnecessary spending. 

12 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

After being a bit England focussed for a few weeks it’s nice to actually see that our manager is stating glaringly obvious things and trying to address shortcomings that literally everyone can see! 

The striker is going to be the key position of course. In Moore’s favoured formation the player leading the line is absolutely key. In L1 fast wingers and a brute up front are the tried and tested formula. As of yet I haven’t seen us linked with anyone for the main striker position and we need two of the bûggers! Fingers crossed Moore has gone public with that list because that’s what he’s got lined up!

I suspect we could end up with the lad Moore had at Donny Fejiri Okenabirhie not sure if he has signed a new deal with Donny yet got 11 in 37 games last season though after Moore left Donny tailed off after challenging for the play offs.

Pigott from ACF Wimbledon has not signed for anyone yet, I heard rumours he was off to Watford but then they got promoted I have not heard if he signed for any one, he got 20 goals in 45 games last season, he's averaged about 1 in 3 in his 140 odd games in league one with Wimbledon and his goals have kept them in the division for the last 3 seasons, he would be the perfect striker for us and currently is a free agent.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I suspect we could end up with the lad Moore had at Donny Fejiri Okenabirhie not sure if he has signed a new deal with Donny yet got 11 in 37 games last season though after Moore left Donny tailed off after challenging for the play offs.

Pigott from ACF Wimbledon has not signed for anyone yet, I heard rumours he was off to Watford but then they got promoted I have not heard if he signed for any one, he got 20 goals in 45 games last season, he's averaged about 1 in 3 in his 140 odd games in league one with Wimbledon and his goals have kept them in the division for the last 3 seasons, he would be the perfect striker for us and currently is a free agent.

I’d love Pigott but suspect he’s got his eyes on a Championship club. Hopefully he can’t get one lined up and comes to us. He’d be perfect as you say. 
Okenabirhie seems to have a year left on his deal so guess we’d have to pay a fee which just doesn’t feel likely but you never know. 

This is at the stage now where on your football manager save you pull your chair up to your desk and you stare at the player search screen for at least two or three hours before even thinking about pressing continue.

• Like 3

On 12/07/2021 at 11:19, room0035 said:

Pigott signed for Ipswich today.

On 11/07/2021 at 14:06, fpowl said:

I think when he says strikers that includes wingers/ or wide attackers whatever we call them these days 

I’m hoping he’s looking at players that are #9 goal scorers. 
Windass and Patterson are more like attacking midfielders / wingers / #10’s 

it’s more likely I think he will bring a goal scorer in and move Windass to the wing and Patterson Playing number to supporting.

On 12/07/2021 at 11:46, CircleSeven said:

I’d love Pigott but suspect he’s got his eyes on a Championship club. Hopefully he can’t get one lined up and comes to us. He’d be perfect as you say. 
Okenabirhie seems to have a year left on his deal so guess we’d have to pay a fee which just doesn’t feel likely but you never know. 

Could have sworn he'd signed for Ipswich, although I may be wrong without looking.

7 hours ago, owlinexile said:

Yep, just looked. Pity we missed out there. Think Ipswich will do very well this season. Typical of us to end up here again with a few sides that could do well. Doesn't always work like that though does it?

1 minute ago, marshy said:

Could have sworn he'd signed for Ipswich, although I may be wrong without looking.

As mentioned by other posters he signed for Ipswich probably 6 hours after my post!

Ipswich are definitely going to be making a big old push to get back to the Championship this season. 8 signings so far… 

On 11/07/2021 at 14:47, room0035 said:

We should be signing the many free agents out there. loans should be a last case scenario.

All a loan does is allow us to develop someones players then at the end of the season we release our younger players, not giving them the same chances, we do to other teams young players on loan.

We can bring in a few loans but we have a chance to develop a squad of players over the next few seasons, come the first game of the season i dont want a match day squad with 5 loan players in. 1 or 2 is fine as long as we cannot sign a free agent or dont have players for that role.

Exactly its something we've done always done really badly at. 

We need to learn to develop younger players, getting games out of them and selling for s profit. It's the best way to get around ffp, sell a few every season and bring more through the next. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, owlinexile said:

Indeed. another good free agent that has gone elsewhere while we dither around in the transfer market.

A proven league one striker who got 20 goals last season.

We need to get our arses into gear and get the players signed before we are left with the dross, or the over priced loan market.

• Like 1