Moore on his targets

Yep sounds right to me too, interesting we’ve been linked with Byers and Uwakwa who are central midfielders tho.

latest linked are 

goalkeeper  =  Peacock-Farrell 

left back  =  Bola

centre back  = Odimayo / McCart

and two more strikers = ???

Its the strikers that is the big mystery at the moment 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Yep sounds right to me too, interesting we’ve been linked with Byers and Uwakwa who are central midfielders tho.

latest linked are 

goalkeeper  =  Peacock-Farrell 

left back  =  Bola

centre back  = Odimayo / McCart

and two more strikers = ???

Its the strikers that is the big mystery at the moment 

He meant these. The canteen is running a bit low.

Striker.jpeg.b6ffc8ae94434c3f3189cb28d5b19ed7.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Could this be the first manager we have had under DC that can see the same gaps in the team most of the fans can.

Carlos bought everyone and everything if needed or not

Jos played youth than on the whole was not ready and brought in the world class Pelupessy who barely played until this season

Bruce bought in free agents hoping to develop them

And Monk who can forget Gary signed more midfielders that any SWFC manager then tried to pretend they were for other positions. Who can forget they are not strikers but attackers.

Let hope this time next week we have the first new striker to arrive at the club since we signed Connor Wickham on loan. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Could this be the first manager we have had under DC that can see the same gaps in the team most of the fans can.

Carlos bought everyone and everything if needed or not

Jos played youth than on the whole was not ready and brought in the world class Pelupessy who barely played until this season

Bruce bought in free agents hoping to develop them

And Monk who can forget Gary signed more midfielders that any SWFC manager then tried to pretend they were for other positions. Who can forget they are not strikers but attackers.

Let hope this time next week we have the first new striker to arrive at the club since we signed Connor Wickham on loan. 

Knowing us, it’ll be Wickham we’re signing, third times a charm and he’s a free agent! 

(Btw - I don’t want to see this happen)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, vulva said:

What I can’t fathom out is that some on here were adamant we weren’t signing any players and had no pre season games arranged.

So just 10 days ago, when we were under an embargo and had no friendlies arranged, you couldn't fathom that some on here were adamant that we couldn't sign any players and had no friendlies announced?

Mind blowing stuff that, hope it didn't keep you up at night.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think that player Baah is abit too young at 18. 

37 games. 3 goals and 2 assists for his age is brilliant at Rochdale.

A loan to us would be more beneficial to his development though and not ours. 

Glad we've gone a little more proven with Shodipo.

13 minutes ago, 0742 said:

So just 10 days ago, when we were under an embargo and had no friendlies arranged, you couldn't fathom that some on here were adamant that we couldn't sign any players and had no friendlies announced?

Mind blowing stuff that, hope it didn't keep you up at night.

So, they were wrong then. Thanks for clarifying that. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

I think that player Baah is abit too young at 18. 

37 games. 3 goals and 2 assists for his age is brilliant at Rochdale.

A loan to us would be more beneficial to his development though and not ours. 

Glad we've gone a little more proven with Shodipo.

We should be signing the many free agents out there. loans should be a last case scenario.

All a loan does is allow us to develop someones players then at the end of the season we release our younger players, not giving them the same chances, we do to other teams young players on loan.

We can bring in a few loans but we have a chance to develop a squad of players over the next few seasons, come the first game of the season i dont want a match day squad with 5 loan players in. 1 or 2 is fine as long as we cannot sign a free agent or dont have players for that role.

• Like 5