Chester vs 🦉 SWFC - Official Matchday Thread ⚽️

6 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Was just thinking this half had been better. Hard to tell with fitness levels and their first team vs subs etc. But encouraged by many of the younguns.

Maybe it's the extra pace, real players in their best positions and enthusiasm for the game, all things which we have missed from most of the older overpaid players in recent years. I like the way things are going at last. It just shows that above average amounts of football knowledge can get you better players than ones on above average wages, especially when they are provided via a below average rip off merchant like Paixo. 

Just now, Hirstyslaces said:

A good run out for us.

BB and Josh Windass dominant in first half.

Plenty of youth and pace in second half.

Trialist Number 35(name unknown) looked quite calm and assured in defence, in second half.

Unfair to give ratings in an early pre-season friendly, IMHO, but I personally was particularly impressed with Adedoyin, Hunt, Galvin and Brennan.

Playing a high pressing game throughout, I feel we will be much better with Iorfa back. 

Early days, but some good signs!

😂👍👍

UTO!

Think Number 35 was Bola....

Guest LondonOwl313

I feel a bit better about this season now. Wages paid and points deduction avoided, hopefully a more affordable wage bill going forward and signings of the right type, plus retained some of our ok players. 

Should be well clear of relegation.. would be happy with mid table and some entertaining games whilst we build a side 

22 minutes ago, smhouston said:

Totally disagree. If we was allowed to pay transfer fees then I'd be open to it, but loans / frees only we'd struggle to get any decent experienced strikers in.

In today's football world, £1m for a championship level striker is peanuts

That maybe the case, but we all know, that every other club knows what a state we are in, and that normally means that clubs will try to raid us on the cheap. There is also the dynamic of the player potentially wanting out. Whilst the club always makes the call, it won't do much for his motivation levels if he suspects that we are turning down bids from Championship clubs.

Moore has tagged him as a key man this season, and I hope that Josh is fully on board, but there is so much uncertainty in terms of the club's finances at the moment, that I can see a struggle in keeping him here, and we might need to cash in eventually.