Chester vs 🦉 SWFC - Official Matchday Thread ⚽️

The Owls head to the north-west on Saturday as we continue our pre-season schedule.

The squad returned from the 10-day training camp in Wales in midweek following the friendly fixture with Celtic and next up is Chester, with the game at the Deva Stadium kicking off at 3.00pm.

Visiting supporters are not permitted entry due to current restrictions but Chester are hosting a live stream available to Wednesdayites, priced at £6.99.

• Thanks 4

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, ashamanic said:

Apart from Iorfa, seems to be the likely starting line up when the season starts, unless anyone new comes in who can take a first 11 place.

Bench looks extremely young and inexperienced 

And Luongo of course

Trying to be positive its not too bad for a starting 11, youth and experiance. yes could do with a new keeper unless either of the current two really push on, can be done Martinez looked woeful for us. 

Would like to see Paterson moved on and a dedicated forward bought in. 

Next week or so could well determine our outlook for the season especially if Moore can get some good loans in. 

Why do we never seem to start many of our youth players? Surely mixing it up at the start of pre season would be more beneficial.
Don’t get why we’re starting with that back 3 for a second game running? How about let’s see what Brennan can do alongside an experienced player? Or what Hagan can do playing with an experienced player? Rather than just throwing all kids on when experienced players get tired. 

1 minute ago, Jim said:

I’m not surprised to see the senior pros starting but how many are still going to be here come the close of this transfer window?

I think it is a bit of that in mind. Gamesmanship.  Us playing Borner for example shows clubs he’s in plans. Pushing up the perceived value. I’m not sure I agree with it, but can’t see any other reason to play a player who wants out, we want him out, just doesn’t add up? 

• Like 1