Chester vs 🦉 SWFC - Official Matchday Thread ⚽️

1 minute ago, ChapSmurf said:

I thought Adeniran, the lad we signed yesterday/today scored the 2nd goal? I think @basegreenowl is referring to Adedoyin.

No, Adeniran was substituted at half time. Replaced by Baldock. Adedoyin is on for Paterson looking very threatening and scored a goal.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Southie_Owl said:

Adeniran went off at half time, Adedoyin scored the second goal 

Thanks for letting me know. I'm not watching the game but someone posted Adeniran scored (I think that's what they said).

2 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

We look far better this half with a proper striker up front. I have been very impressedwith the quality of our young players so far. We think Brennan, Hunt, Galvin, Adeniron, Adedoyin & Dowodu have all been excellent today. All very composed and effective.

Was just thinking this half had been better. Hard to tell with fitness levels and their first team vs subs etc. But encouraged by many of the younguns.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Have we got more friendlies lined up? I didn’t know this was happening until this morning 

Yes we've got games midweek and weekend right up to the Huddersfield game on 1st August. 

Tues - Alfreton

Sat - Barnsley 

Tues - WBA 

Sat - Wrexham 

Tues - Port Vale 

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Commentary  agreed  with you. Saying he’s looked far more of threat than Paterson did. Direct play, running at their defence.

9 minutes ago, Hirstyslaces said:

Wednesday pressing.

Just hit the post followed by a cross shot from Alex Hunt that went wide.

Chester have made several substitutions now too......

Just now, Hirstyslaces said:

Final score:

Chester 0- Owls 2

A good run out for us.

BB and Josh Windass dominant in first half.

Plenty of youth and pace in second half.

Trialist Number 35(name unknown) looked quite calm and assured in defence, in second half.

Unfair to give ratings in an early pre-season friendly, IMHO, but I personally was particularly impressed with Adedoyin, Hunt, Galvin and Brennan.

Playing a high pressing game throughout, I feel we will be much better with Iorfa back. 

Early days, but some good signs!

😂👍👍

UTO!

• Like 2