Four Year Deal

19 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Funny thing is, try telling any Celtic fans that at the minute..

Taste of waving cheerio to 10 in a row seems to be lingering..

They’re having a blip which has always been part of the two club system in Scotland, we on the other hand we’re a complete basket case.

1 hour ago, Marro said:

Disappointed to see Urhoghide leave.  

He was quick and I thought he did well last season.  Would have been a mainstay at Wednesday I am sure had he stayed.  

Certainly has potential although, like others who have left in the past, it is not guaranteed that he will kick on and have a stellar career.

I just hope as a club / Chansiri learn from past mistakes look at how to keep our best youngsters.  

Well he doesn't to appear to have learnt from past mistakes so far, re Hirst and Clare not to mention Shaw.

TBF you have to ask why the coaches weren't telling DC to extend contracts a year ago rather than everything being left till they were enticed away.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

We couldn't offer Urhoghide or Shaw a decent length contract yet we can give 31 year old  Bannan a new deal on over 20k a week. 

Feck  off Chansiri, you're a joke. 

This.

Don’t see what the fuss is about. Both Shaw and Urhoghide are average at best. Both will struggle to get in a Celtic side which is on the slide and end up back in lower league football in England. Don’t blame either player for leaving but going to Scotland will not aid their development. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, 1961OWL said:

Don’t see what the fuss is about. Both Shaw and Urhoghide are average at best. Both will struggle to get in a Celtic side which is on the slide and end up back in lower league football in England. Don’t blame either player for leaving but going to Scotland will not aid their development. 

Not the point though for me.

The point is we are a club who continually face embargo’s, wage issues and under this chairman a points deduction.

We have two promising young players to ease cash flow concerns who have the potential to earn us a few million. And we let them leave for minimal compensation. 

It’s just not a good business model and it is a microcosm of of the overall failure of Sheffield Wednesday under Dejphon Chansiri.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Dont hire him and sack him a couple of weeks later then as the consequences are obvious 

Personally I think it was the public attack on him by our stupid owner that has led to this.

The main reason being though Dc does not and has never valued young players both Shaw and Urhoghide will have been offered 1 year deals on very poor terms.

I believe all Shaw wanted was £3,000 a week it kind of make you wonder what DC offered as shortly after Shaw, Bannan was resigned on 900% more than Liam Shaw wanted. I suspect Urhoghide will have been offered equally derogatory terms.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, 1961OWL said:

Celtic and Rangers over the last 5-10 year have bought numerous youth players from league one/championship and premiership clubs and have made millions by playing them for a few years then selling them on at big profits. 

You don't see the fuss well its pretty simple Shaw and Urhoghide resigned to longer deals would have cost us together abuot £300k next season, they would have given us a centre back who could also play across the back line, they would in Shaw have given us a player who can play in most of the defensive and midfield positions and who has scored more goals from open play last season than our creative force on 9 times more than him in Bannan.

A season or two in decent level football, both of these players could be worth 10 or 20 times the compensation figure DC will get for them, they will have also saved us needing to sign replacements. Now we need to go out and buy replacements who will either cost more money in salaries or have no football first team experience. We wasted £2m on loans of Brown, Marriott and Flint last season because we did not have the players coming through to develop into first team players as youth is not valued under DC and instead it is allowed to leave.

But yeah I don't see what the big deal is. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Guest Therealrealist

I wudnt have wanted us to throw big money 4 year deals at these two...so I won’t be cryin myself to sleep tonight...unlike a lot of you

Just on Urhoghide and Shaw joining Celtic. I wonder if Pulis's assistant Mike Trusson had a word about the two to Celtic with him being a former scout with them before he joined us? Just imagine if we were normal and developed the two successfully and were fighting at the top end of the Championship/promoted or selling them for millions and reinvesting the money. Nah we're in League 1 now with still all the problems we have. I'm still not looking forward to this season, I got reinvested with Monk last season and that didn't end well too. As it's been said many times the only real change will happen when Chansiri leaves. The play-offs would be an amazing achievement in the next two seasons or so, but I doubt we will be around them very much.