Four Year Deal

Easily the biggest potential leaving the club. Shaw I wasn't too mythered but Uroghide had the confidence, strength and ability to read the game and influence it without fear. Shocking management SWFC... 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Spookone said:

Zero point in having a good scouting network if we just help develop them for other clubs with little if any compensation.

It's still a start. At least considering how many talented players we've been able to introduce to the first team for many years now.

Shows the benefit of having money to utilise the right way.

Having money means you can take punts on younger lads paying slightly above what you’d like as it’s worth the gamble.

Sadly DC spaffed our money away in the opposite fashion and now we can’t do that method as easily.

Gonna be a long road back

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Freshfish said:

Easily the biggest potential leaving the club. Shaw I wasn't too mythered but Uroghide had the confidence, strength and ability to read the game and influence it without fear. Shocking management SWFC... 

I actually thought Shaw had more potential, be interesting to see how it pans out

3 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

I actually thought Shaw had more potential, be interesting to see how it pans out

Shaw has massive potential in my opinion. He has all the attributes to be a very good player. Confident on the ball, good feet, size, strength, likes a challenge and has an eye for goal. Could easily fetch Celtic a few million if they nurture him correctly.

Osaze for me is all effort and desire but not much of a footballer. Certainly improves our current squad and with the right development could be a good player. But I don’t feel he’s as naturally gifted as Shaw.

Anyway it’s irrelevant now. Celtic will now benefit from any potential the two of them have. 

Disappointed to see Urhoghide leave.  

He was quick and I thought he did well last season.  Would have been a mainstay at Wednesday I am sure had he stayed.  

Certainly has potential although, like others who have left in the past, it is not guaranteed that he will kick on and have a stellar career.

I just hope as a club / Chansiri learn from past mistakes look at how to keep our best youngsters.  

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Shaw has massive potential in my opinion. He has all the attributes to be a very good player. Confident on the ball, good feet, size, strength, likes a challenge and has an eye for goal. Could easily fetch Celtic a few million if they nurture him correctly.

Osaze for me is all effort and desire but not much of a footballer. Certainly improves our current squad and with the right development could be a good player. But I don’t feel he’s as naturally gifted as Shaw.

Anyway it’s irrelevant now. Celtic will now benefit from any potential the two of them have. 

Agreed. I think Osaze is limited to a back 3, he’s not a CB in a pair and not a right back in a 4…

But I stand to be proven wrong 

Would also suggest Celtic we’re more keen on Shaw as they had that deal tied up long ago

• Like 1

For me it’s not about losing the young lads Shaw & Urhoghide, good luck to them. Ffs

It’s about losing the potential of them.

How much of a benefit could we have had from taking a punt on a contract?

We’ll never know, might not work out as divided opinion suggests?

Yet more of the financial shizz storm that is Chansiri FC

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, FinnishOwl said:

Well, let's see if he can produce. Still a very raw player just like Shaw.

A positive note: our scouting network was able to find a castaway young talent and our coaching was able to turn him into a promising pro footballer. There's still hope with Moore.

Indeed but that's the same scouts who looked at 200 centre backs and decided to spend 4 million euros on JVA

So Urhoghide was probably lucky rather than ability. 😁😁😁😁

30 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Indeed but that's the same scouts who looked at 200 centre backs and decided to spend 4 million euros on JVA

So Urhoghide was probably lucky rather than ability. 😁😁😁😁

Wasn't JvA bought much earlier? Somehow I remember that Osaze was brought in by the Steve Bruce people.

• Haha 1