Big step towards settling things at SWFC...

3 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Daft comment from Nixon.

Chansiri knew the rules. And let’s stop playing the victim card with the points deduction. The EFL held his hand throughout it and he still cocked it up. 

If he was as loaded as we were led to believe, paying his players and club staff wouldn’t be an issue whatsoever. 

Nixon doesn't agree with FFP. It pis*es him off so i think the comment is in relation to this. Granted Chansiri does know the rules but Nixon thinks the entire thing is a farce (which it is) so I think that's where his comment stems from.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, swfcGibbo said:

Nixon doesn't agree with FFP. It pis*es him off so i think the comment is in relation to this. Granted Chansiri does know the rules but Nixon thinks the entire thing is a farce (which it is) so I think that's where his comment stems from.

Yeah probably. But sadly the rules are the rules. 

But I don’t understand how FFP stops the chairman paying his staff on time really. If it was just the EFL stopping him spending his money, surely paying players wouldn’t be an issue at all? 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Jim said:

Confirmation statement?

Every year you have to update companies house with the company owner and directors names. I understand that although it’s not a legal requirement, companies house can prosecute you for not doing it so it makes no sense not to do it as it’s a simple task 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Every year you have to update companies house with the company owner and directors names. I understand that although it’s not a legal requirement, companies house can prosecute you for not doing it so it makes no sense not to do it as it’s a simple task 

It is a legal requirement isn't it? 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/confirmation-statement-guidance

8 hours ago, Jim said:

Still think we’re going to hear about new owners in the not too distant future. Just seems strange that after all this time DC has finally got it together?

If the macron deal is a reality then surely it's kind of a sponsorship deal as theyll see us being a big club in this division, so will get plenty of media coverage therefore I'd expect they'll be paying us for advertising.. 

Wouldn't know how much it would be though. 

Guest Therealrealist
3 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

How does it 'free up money'? Its money we dont have...the wage bill suddenly reducing just means we are losing less every month😕

Whilst it’s a relief, I don’t think it can or should be characterised as a positive.

I’d want to see two years minimum of good decisions and responsible ownership before I even started to think we could turn a corner.

And, none of that is possible under this owner, we’ve seen enough to know that.

Whilst I’m a big fan of Nixon and his reporting is usually for me as accurate as most out there,  let’s be completely honest and clear here ….   He’s alluding to the fact the chairman may be annoyed about been briefed up by the EFL for busting FFP rules and seems to be linking it to non payment of wages ? every chance he may be annoyed but that’s a totally and complete different situation 

FFP is a complete crock of garbage, but it does not stop you paying the players and staff correctly and on time , probably well known on this forum for been a supporter of the owner but I think Nixon’s comments there a bit poor , in no way shape or form is it acceptable to not pay the players 

5 hours ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Oh please, selling the stadium to himself to make the financial aspects look better on paper is creative accounting, and despite his having his hand held through it all by the EFL, still managed to fizz it up

Exactly, and he hasn’t physically paid even a small portion of that off yet…….

7 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Cheers mate. Do you know if he’s updated it in the past as given the consistently late submission of accounts certainly with regards to the EFL, it wouldn’t surprise me if it was something he wasn’t overly concerned about?