Nixon - Paixao Out?

Just now, Costello 77 said:

I think you overestimate the national interest in Wednesday.... but that's not my point.

It's in a publication that's available globally.. I honestly don't know wether it's well subscribed... and if it were a complete falsehood you'd think it would be quashed wouldn't you?

There's two Star reporters who are members here and regularly post.

Again..if it's not true get the comms team to refute it and get a desist in.

I'm sure he's not too busy to organise an email to the Athletic.

I just don't think he's that interested. 

When has he ever responded to anything in the media promptly?

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

You would think someone from the national media would have reported on the whole shambles...shows how far under the radar Wednesday are

Nixon reports on it regularly. 

In case you hadn't noticed there are plenty of negative articles about us locally and nationally.

Just now, asteener1867 said:

wasn't it reported by a journalist tho?

I seem to remember a big article on here about it

It was reported in the Athletic article which was released after we were relegated. 

Athletic are usually one of the more credible ones. 

• Like 1

Just now, SiJ said:

It was reported in the Athletic article which was released after we were relegated. 

Athletic are usually one of the more credible ones. 

Athletic that were backing the credentials of Erik Alonso?

Just now, asteener1867 said:

take Jules Verne to write a positive one mate...

Absolutely. Not the point you were making though is it. 

9 hours ago, Mcguigan said:

The pessimist in me thinks that he’s had enough, he’s tried his way and failed miserably. Now he’s like, balls to em, drop the ticket prices, get Paixao out and let them paddle their own canoe.

Likely now we’ll see and hear from him even less (if that’s possible) and he’ll just let the club drift on with very little or even no further investment in the squad, until he can find a buyer.

It’s the most likely scenario - can genuinely see no reason when he still has any real interest in the club.

He chased the dream - tried and failed and now just a matter of looking for a way out.

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I just don't think he's that interested. 

When has he ever responded to anything in the media promptly?

I find your posting style grating at times because you present "what I think" as fact.

Stop being so cockily assured and you'd come over better.

2 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I find your posting style grating at times because you present "what I think" as fact.

Stop being so cockily assured and you'd come over better.

Thanks for the review.

I love your style and think you are the best poster. 

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

The point I was making was the lack of response by Chansiri to the criticism....only  National coverage  would garner an answer...We are under the radar

There has been national coverage of our plight, as I said Nixon in the sun writes about us regularly. Type Sheffield Wednesday and wages into google, you'll find plenty of national based recent media reports.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

There has been national coverage of our plight, as I said Nixon in the sun writes about us regularly. Type Sheffield Wednesday and wages into google, you'll find plenty of national based recent media reports.

I'm talking the WHOLE shambolic mess.....Do you not think that if a 12yr old kid was interfering in transfers at a Premiership club...The whole media circus wouldn't be getting involved?

Under the radar Hirsty

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Did they? I must have missed that, but fair enough. 

A link? 

There were a few articles that were positive about Alonso, it seemed The Athletic had a direct link to them and he was playing them to paint him in a positive light

https://theathletic.co.uk/2353665/2021/01/30/loss-of-adviser-alonso-shunts-wednesday-deeper-into-uncertainty/

https://theathletic.com/realtime/8p5ythu02T1Y

https://theathletic.com/news/sheffield-wednesday-takeover-alonso-latest/gUlT3g78vZKa

6 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I'm talking the WHOLE shambolic mess.....Do you not think that if a 12yr old kid was interfering in transfers at a Premiership club...The whole media circus wouldn't be getting involved?

Under the radar Hirsty

If it were true, yes. 

Of course we are not on the radar as much as would be the case in that sense but it is not as if we aren't being reported on. If a 12-year-old was making key decisions there would be more about it and it would be easier to find facts.

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

There were a few articles that were positive about Alonso, it seemed The Athletic had a direct link to them and he was playing them to paint him in a positive light

https://theathletic.co.uk/2353665/2021/01/30/loss-of-adviser-alonso-shunts-wednesday-deeper-into-uncertainty/

https://theathletic.com/realtime/8p5ythu02T1Y

https://theathletic.com/news/sheffield-wednesday-takeover-alonso-latest/gUlT3g78vZKa

Erik Alonso looks like Geoff sheard!

• Haha 2

I think this whole Att interviewing people has been blown right out of proportion. The lad is interested in football and Wednesday, he phoned his dad when he was interviewing a prospective manager, DC asked the manager if he'd have a word with his football mad son and he did. The son asked him a few questions. That's it.

There's no suggestion Att decided anything or had any actual input into the decision making process. Any father would do the same.

I'm no fan of DC and think he's got a lot to answer for, I just don't think this is one of those things based on the info that came out in the original story.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, prowl said:

I think this whole Att interviewing people has been blown right out of proportion. The lad is interested in football and Wednesday, he phoned his dad when he was interviewing a prospective manager, DC asked the manager if he'd have a word with his football mad son and he did. The son asked him a few questions. That's it.

There's no suggestion Att decided anything or had any actual input into the decision making process. Any father would do the same.

I'm no fan of DC and think he's got a lot to answer for, I just don't think this is one of those things based on the info that came out in the original story.

Exactly this.

The one article giving reference to this states what you have shown here yet it has now become fact that Att is making decisions on who our manager is.