Alex Hunt

Guest LondonOwl313
2 minutes ago, shandypants said:

I’m guessing you don’t go to the gym? There nothing in that routine that will get him stacked. It’s all core strength and “fine tuning” stuff that he’s doing. 

I go 5 times a week.. I’m 6’2 and about 15 stone.

Most people are commenting about him needing to bulk up and get big.

But my point is it’s the opposite.. he should just play to his own strengths. He could put on a stone or two of muscle quite easily through diet and lifting but he’d still be quite a weedy bloke who could be bullied on the ball. He should focus on being much quicker than his opponents and better technically.. 

Better to be outstanding on the ball and nippy and able to go past people than it is to be ok on the ball and sturdy.. Foden’s game is who he should try and copy 

6 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I go 5 times a week.. I’m 6’2 and about 15 stone.

Most people are commenting about him needing to bulk up and get big.

But my point is it’s the opposite.. he should just play to his own strengths. He could put on a stone or two of muscle quite easily through diet and lifting but he’d still be quite a weedy bloke who could be bullied on the ball. He should focus on being much quicker than his opponents and better technically.. 

Better to be outstanding on the ball and nippy and able to go past people than it is to be ok on the ball and sturdy.. Foden’s game is who he should try and copy 

Fair enough 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, Drewswfc said:

He's played about half a dozen games FFS give him a chance. It's your w@nk negative attitude that's crap. 

He’s useless. He can only pass 5 yards to either side and that’s his supposed strength. Things he can’t do/doesn’t have…

1. Physical strength 2. Can’t head 3. Can’t tackle 4. No awareness 5. No speed 6 doesn’t dribble

I could probably add more. He should have been released as he will struggle even in the Pub League. I’m much more excited about Dele-Bashiru and even Liam Waldock than Hunt.

5 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

He’s useless. He can only pass 5 yards to either side and that’s his supposed strength. Things he can’t do/doesn’t have…

1. Physical strength 2. Can’t head 3. Can’t tackle 4. No awareness 5. No speed 6 doesn’t dribble

I could probably add more. He should have been released as he will struggle even in the Pub League. I’m much more excited about Dele-Bashiru and even Liam Waldock than Hunt.

Let’s see how he fairs this season pal. He’s has a contract and will be with us so we may as well give him a chance. 

• Like 4

Guest gizowl

Don't know whether he'll make it or not but I think this will be the season we find out. He's not the biggest but look at Bannan and Fleck they seem to have done alright for themselves and you can see why he's working on strength prior to preseason as he is a midfielder .

2 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Tbh if I was him I wouldn’t bother.. or at least I wouldn’t try and get stacked. Just focus on speed.

he’s never going to be a big lad as he doesn’t have the genes. The best weak looking players are like Foden and they can go past people. More size slows you down, Michael Owen did it when he had all the injuries and he was never the same player once his pace went

Quick reps low weight, build up real muscle strength rather than bloated show muscle that's what he needs. 

I've lost count of how many times I've asked 20-25 year old labourers who go to the gym all the time to give me a lift and they struggle. Think of the likes of the triathletes or a lot of rugby wingers, they're a lot stronger and more powerful than they look. Little Graham Hyde wasn't the biggest, but he could hold his own. 

• Like 3

Guest gizowl
2 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Tbh if I was him I wouldn’t bother.. or at least I wouldn’t try and get stacked. Just focus on speed.

he’s never going to be a big lad as he doesn’t have the genes. The best weak looking players are like Foden and they can go past people. More size slows you down, Michael Owen did it when he had all the injuries and he was never the same player once his pace went

He's nothing like a Owen or Foden type player unfortunately he is who he is and isn't the tallest but he's working on core and body strength which he'll need as this will be a defining season for him. 

Guest gizowl
28 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Bit harsh on him he's only had bit parts in a struggling side under several managers. We're bringing in very few if any players and what we do bring in probably will be around his age. This is the  season we'll see if he's got it or not but what I do know is he'll give it 100 % every chance he gets which is a lot more than some of those pathetic losers we've just released. 

3 hours ago, El Toro said:

In my head i’d to think that Moore has taken him to one side at some point last season or in the close season and asked him what he’s like Hunt to focus on and he’s taken it on board.

Probably told him to get on his bike.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
7 hours ago, gizowl said:

Bit harsh on him he's only had bit parts in a struggling side under several managers. We're bringing in very few if any players and what we do bring in probably will be around his age. This is the  season we'll see if he's got it or not but what I do know is he'll give it 100 % every chance he gets which is a lot more than some of those pathetic losers we've just released. 

All good points. But I guarantee this will be his last season with us and he’ll contribute next to nothing 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
7 hours ago, shandypants said:

Let’s see how he fairs this season pal. He’s has a contract and will be with us so we may as well give him a chance. 

Good point but I just don’t see him contributing at all

7 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

1. He's working on his strength 2 neither can bannan/messi/Maradona ect ect and they've done alright in the game 3 he can tackle, he's no keane/souness but he's no reach either 4 can be worked on 5 he's nippy 6 Bullshït. 

Just don't play him with bannan. 

• Like 1

Only really saw him against (I think) QPR.

I saw a player who read the game, saw opportunities, played positive passes and, get this, actually played the ball for team mates to run onto instead of straight at them or behind them.

Seeing more of that with improved fitness will only be a good thing for us.

Keep up the hard work, Alex.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sticky Micky said:

Can't wait til he plays a decent half against Leeds u23s in the tinpot Cup and he's valued at 20 million on here 

'Future international ' 

Instead of always just slatng players, slagging them off, mocking fans who like players you don't, how about you nail your colour to the mast and tell us what players in football all your knowledge, experience and skill tell you WILL go on to better things?

Go on - show us how knowledgeable you are 

Anyone can sit just saying every player is crap - takes no brains or skill to do that at all

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop