Alex Hunt

Guest Kagoshimaowl
24 minutes ago, prowl said:

It must be nice to be so certain about things.

Sometimes people surprise you, I prefer to keep an open mind. He's still got time.

We shall see. Hope you’re right!

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Sounds to me like Kagoshimaowl is going to be one of those fans who, when we start the season, isn't going to be able to cope very well with the situation we are in or with the players that we have to put out

Some are going to be hit HARD next season by shock

Oh I won’t be shocked. I’ll be fuming though!

Guest Kagoshimaowl

THIS is why young players don't kick on at SWFC

Not anything to do with coaching, managegment, skills or anything but purely that some of our fans will destroy a young player after just a few games

Some of them even go and tell them how rubbish they are on their social media

Ok mate. I’m sure my opinion means diddly squat to them.

For what it’s worth I like the look of Waldock and Galvin. Just think young Hunt is bobbar. Only an opinion…

Guest Kagoshimaowl
3 hours ago, Drewswfc said:

1. He's working on his strength 2 neither can bannan/messi/Maradona ect ect and they've done alright in the game 3 he can tackle, he's no keane/souness but he's no reach either 4 can be worked on 5 he's nippy 6 Bullshït. 

Just don't play him with bannan. 

Close. Just don’t play him…

7 minutes ago, 83owl said:

If we play 4-2-3-1 as I presume we will if DM has played that formation everywhere else then I presume hunt plays as the middle of the 3? 

He played on the right of a 3 when we beat QPR 3-0 away. Played very well too.

The eagerness of some Wednesday fans to trash our young players never fails to amaze me.

Perhaps he won't make it at this level, but to be so negative about a 21-year-old who's played less than the equivalent of 6 full games for the club in his career so far seems a bit off to me.

Let's see how he turns out before we consign him to the scrap heap, eh?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

He played on the right of a 3 when we beat QPR 3-0 away. Played very well too.

Will need the right back to support and provide more width then as I can’t see Hunt getting to the byline too often.

Guest Therealrealist
25 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

Seem to remember Pep Guardiola….coming on to pitch to congratulate him on his performance after Man City Cup tie at hillsborough ……but then again … What’s he know !!🙄

I thought bazza was peps favourite🤔

2 hours ago, Drewswfc said:

Chanting Westwoods name for instance, God knows how that must have felt for Dawson.

Horrific mentality doing that

That episode in particular really made me think about how dense a lot of people must actually be. I know it’s something we try to gloss over in day-to-day life but when it’s that ‘in your face’ it becomes impossible to ignore - think about how dim the ‘average person’ is, and a full 50% of people are even thicker than that. It’s horrifying.

Imagine bawling out deliberate attempts to unsettle and undermine your own custodian DURING THE GAME because he’s less developed in some areas than an end-of-career senior pro who isn’t even on the bench anyway.

To nick a Stewart Lee line, it’s like sh*ting your own hotel bed to complain about poor service, then having to sleep in a sh*tted bed.

:duntmatter:

• Like 3
  • Love 2

36 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

The eagerness of some Wednesday fans to trash our young players never fails to amaze me.

Perhaps he won't make it at this level, but to be so negative about a 21-year-old who's played less than the equivalent of 6 full games for the club in his career so far seems a bit off to me.

Let's see how he turns out before we consign him to the scrap heap, eh?

Not just young players, they trash most of our players.

For some it's easier to say everything is poo than to stick their necks out and say something nice

• Like 1
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, Drewswfc said:

He's played about half a dozen games FFS give him a chance. It's your w@nk negative attitude that's crap. 

Certainly got to give him a chance this season but, considering where we finished, if he was any good he would have made more appearances than he did last season. Liam Shaw clearly impressed enough in the u23s and  broke into and maintained his place in the side. 

3 hours ago, Pieman said:

You’re so right mate, it’s tiresome and ruins this site at times...

I tend to give the youngster's more Lee way, theyre still learning their trade, so need encouragement. 

Though I will take a pop at established so called  stars on big money like Westwood, bazza and reach if their not doing the business on the pitch. There's a big difference between having 3/4 seasons + plus under your belt and half a dozen games mostly as a sub.