Alex Hunt

8 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

He’s useless. He can only pass 5 yards to either side and that’s his supposed strength. Things he can’t do/doesn’t have…

1. Physical strength 2. Can’t head 3. Can’t tackle 4. No awareness 5. No speed 6 doesn’t dribble

I could probably add more. He should have been released as he will struggle even in the Pub League. I’m much more excited about Dele-Bashiru and even Liam Waldock than Hunt.

THIS is why young players don't kick on at SWFC

Not anything to do with coaching, managegment, skills or anything but purely that some of our fans will destroy a young player after just a few games

Some of them even go and tell them how rubbish they are on their social media

• Like 5

Owlstalk Shop

Guest gizowl
1 hour ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

All good points. But I guarantee this will be his last season with us and he’ll contribute next to nothing 

Maybe mate but if Nixons right in the Sunday sun we aren't going to have any choice their might be a few picked out of the crowd to fill the subs bench. 

Sounds to me like Kagoshimaowl is going to be one of those fans who, when we start the season, isn't going to be able to cope very well with the situation we are in or with the players that we have to put out

Some are going to be hit HARD next season by shock

Owlstalk Shop

It was the same with Dawson. When he first started he looked a decent young keeper who needed to work on a few things but NO every fűcker was on his back for the slightest mistake and basically sucked the confidence out of him and I'm not just on about on here. It happened regularly home and away. Chanting Westwoods name for instance, God knows how that must have felt for Dawson. 

Dawson didn't drop Westwood, Jos n monk did 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Ignore those people mate
Just focus on / discuss stuff with those who don't just call every player crap

I do mate. I read you’re post on this thread afterwards and it is spot on. The easiest thing in the world is to criticise and I get it.

But, one of things which is said time after time about our performances is about effort. If we see 100% effort and commitment from our team, players running their blood dry, proud to wear the badge - that’s what we want, that would make us proud to support the team and call ourselves Owls, even if we did lose.

Well.....what I see is a lad putting in 100% effort, because he wants to be an Owl and he wants to put on our shirt and be better than the last time he did it. He isn’t thinking about wages. He doesn’t read the constant press negativity. Points deductions. Relegation. Paxo. Strudwick. Middlewood is outdated. We want our crest back. Golden elephants. Tinpot dictatorships.

The lad is trying his hardest to be better than he was, for every single person who types a single letter on this website. He should be worshipped, thanked, praised, encouraged and bloody well supported in all his efforts. To deride him is sickening, whatever his skill or talent level. It’s about heart, commitment, intent, passion. And, from these pictures, he’s bloody well got it.

WELL DONE ALEX HUNT. WERE RIGHT BEHIND YOU SON. COME ON THE WEDNESDAY!

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Just now, Pieman said:

I do mate. I read you’re post on this thread afterwards and it is spot on. The easiest thing in the world is to criticise and I get it.

But, one of things which is said time after time about our performances is about effort. If we see 100% effort and commitment from our team, players running their blood dry, proud to wear the badge - that’s what we want, that would make us proud to support the team and call ourselves Owls, even if we did lose.

Well.....what I see is a lad putting in 100% effort, because he wants to be an Owl and he wants to put on our shirt and be better than the last time he did it. He isn’t thinking about wages. He doesn’t read the constant press negativity. Points deductions. Relegation. Paxo. Strudwick. Middlewood is outdated. We want our crest back. Golden elephants. Tinpot dictatorships.

The lad is trying his hardest to be better than he was, for every single person who types a single letter on this website. He should be worshipped, thanked, praised, encouraged and bloody well supported in all his efforts. To deride him is sickening, whatever his skill or talent level. It’s about heart, commitment, intent, passion. And, from these pictures, he’s bloody well got it.

WELL DONE ALEX HUNT. WERE RIGHT BEHIND YOU SON. COME ON THE WEDNESDAY!

Well said mate!

Come on Alex Hunt - have a top season - I'll be right behind you mate

Owlstalk Shop

I'm not comparing them for quality but watching Billy Gilmour play for Scotland against England showed that you don't need to be the biggest.  He's a year younger than Hunt but there's nothing on him and seeing them line up for the anthem he was in the shortest two in the side.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Drewswfc said:

It was the same with Dawson. When he first started he looked a decent young keeper who needed to work on a few things but NO every fűcker was on his back for the slightest mistake and basically sucked the confidence out of him and I'm not just on about on here. It happened regularly home and away. Chanting Westwoods name for instance, God knows how that must have felt for Dawson. 

Horrific mentality doing that

Owlstalk Shop

Hunt doesn't need to become a spongebob little square man. Footballers are ridiculously lean these days. He just needs some core strength (which is what the video will help him with) and a decent run in the side so we can see how good he actually is. 

I'm personally completely over players posting themselves 'working hard' over the summer, when they've probably got 14 Peronis on ice out of shot, but this will do him good. 

Of course all the fans slatiing all the young lads that try and who give 100%, all those who chant for other players whilst the young lads are playing, all the fans who post how crap a player is on the players social media feed - they'll ALL tell you that they're 'right behind the lads' and 'supporting the team'

• Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

Look at him, 5'6'' and hardest man in history of English football when it was much more of a "man's game".

Huge part of reason why England won its only World Cup as well.

Who is to say who can and can't make it looking at their height ?! River let Leo Messi go as he was too small, Hajduk didn't want to sign Luka Modrić for the same reason and Sheff Utd chose Sabella instead of Maradona.

Hunt will or won't make it, but his height will have little to do with it.

Nobby Stiles refereeing a charity match at Oswestry - 26th May 1968.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I really like reading the opinions of others on this forum but honestly some times 🤨 🔫. Support the players especially the youth coming through the academy. He could surprise you.....and even if he doesn't he's putting 100% into the club he and we love.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

All good points. But I guarantee this will be his last season with us and he’ll contribute next to nothing 

It must be nice to be so certain about things.

Sometimes people surprise you, I prefer to keep an open mind. He's still got time.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Guest gizowl
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Sounds to me like Kagoshimaowl is going to be one of those fans who, when we start the season, isn't going to be able to cope very well with the situation we are in or with the players that we have to put out

Some are going to be hit HARD next season by shock

Correct I think some haven't quite grasped how perilous our situation is we could yet follow the Bolton path if we get away without any sanctions this season and remain in league 1 I think it will be job done and if DM stays he deserves tremendous respect because I think alot in his position would just walk.