Alex Hunt

The lad needs one thing to give him a chance of success here. Bazza being sold. We just cannot accommodate both especially next season at this level with the extra physicality, we'll struggle to accommodate bazza on his own in the centre of midfield without being over run. 

If bazza stays It will be like the goalkeeper situation with Joe & Dawson with Westwood. If Moore rests bazza and plays hunt he will just get panned on here by certain people even if he plays well just becouse he'd not bazza,so in short he either needs to hope bazza is sold or move on himself if he wants to forge a career. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Certainly got to give him a chance this season but, considering where we finished, if he was any good he would have made more appearances than he did last season. Liam Shaw clearly impressed enough in the u23s and  broke into and maintained his place in the side. 

'Any good' is a relative term, though.

We're now a League One club - players who wouldn't have been 'any good' in the Championship might prove to be decent at this level.

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

'Any good' is a relative term, though.

We're now a League One club - players who wouldn't have been 'any good' in the Championship might prove to be decent at this level.

I was critical of Hunt last season in terms of not breaking through. We had Luongo out injured, Shaw out of favour, Dele Bashiru not involved, Hutchinson playing at the back, a team really struggling for results and he still couldn't get a run, even from the bench.

Good to see he is still focused and putting in the effort though and as you say, he could be an asset at the level we are now at. 

1 hour ago, 83owl said:

Will need the right back to support and provide more width then as I can’t see Hunt getting to the byline too often.

He was right of a midfield 3 with 5 at the back V QPR, not right midfield. The Wing-backs provided the width.

I'd prefer him centre of the 3 in a 4-2-3-1 as you said previously though, with 2 midfielders behind him.

What I'd like to see is giving him the opportunity over multiple consecutive games. To me it seems a bit odd that the youngsters play one game here and there as it may take some time to get your engine running and adjust to the required level.

8 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

You can’t have Bannan and Hunt together in midfield - just too lightweight for League One.

If Bannan stays, Hunt should go out on loan somewhere

Monk played them together in flat 4-4-2 formation against Brentford (of all sides 🙄

Predictably they both did very poor, we got murdered, Hunt didn't start another game and Bannan started all of them. 

Speaks of fair few things we did poorly last season. 

11 minutes ago, malek said:

Monk played them together in flat 4-4-2 formation against Brentford (of all sides 🙄

Predictably they both did very poor, we got murdered, Hunt didn't start another game and Bannan started all of them. 

Far better in that game than in the return leg with Bannan, Hutchinson and reach in there.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, malek said:

Yes was thrown under the bus by Monk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, malek said:

Was that the smallest midfield pairing in our entire history?

Guest Kagoshimaowl
23 hours ago, Drewswfc said:

He's played about half a dozen games FFS give him a chance. It's your w@nk negative attitude that's crap. 

Ok mum. When he’s ‘crap’ at the end of the season, I want an apology.

I predict that the following players will all do better than lightweight Hunt this season:

Dele, Brennan, Galvin, Waldock and Andodin

It looks like someone on here either went to school with him or knows his family and is jealous.

For the first team he hasnt played enough to make a mind up yet either way.

I for one havent seen him in the under 23s but from reports he is a standout at that level, hope the lad makes the step up - at least for us to make an honest opinion of him not a agenda one.

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Maybe he’ll get  real chance if Bannan leaves as everyone seems to be speculating in that other thread. 

He'll be playing on his own at this rate! 

14 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I predict that the following players will all do better than lightweight Hunt this season:

Who is this Andodin??

14 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Why not just be the guy who posts 

"I think that Dele, Brennan, Galvin, Waldock and Andodin will have a great season this season and could outshine Alex Hunt" rather than just go on a nasty attack on Hunt?

Don't get it

It's easier to be nice

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Owlstalk Shop

17 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I hope they all do well, but we'll see won't we.