Potential player walkout

2 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

What sort of players are going to want to sign for the club in this state.

It is hard to imagine how the club could have been run so badly on all fronts.

What is difficult to understand is how the money is being found  to re-lay the pitches (assuming it is being paid for) if wages have not been paid since March.

Why do you think we have been signing the likes of Harris and Pelupessy over the last few years.

Just now, Grandad said:

Having that for Twitter lol

Probably originated from there to be honest but you are welcome to it! 

Had a picture of the tractors taking it away.

Really get the impression that many don’t understand how f*cked we are.

The club is done. Perhaps we’ll be relegated to League Two if we can fulfil a season.

I said this in another thread, but many Wednesday fans need to start having a long, hard think about what it is they value about the experience of following SWFC, and coming to terms with the lengths they need to go to to preserve it. For me that includes the possibility of a Phoenix club. We might not have a choice much longer.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

It's still no different than this time last season though

You could have said the same last season

Apart from we’re a division lower and now have a reputation for not paying wages.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

What sort of players are going to want to sign for the club in this state.

It is hard to imagine how the club could have been run so badly on all fronts.

What is difficult to understand is how the money is being found  to re-lay the pitches (assuming it is being paid for) if wages have not been paid since March.

if i was the contractor for laying the pitch id be seriously worried about getting paid, they might just leave it bare now and not returf it 

• Like 1

Just now, prowl said:

I've read the first few pages but can't manage the rest. I wonder if DC has stopped the players wages because they stopped playing.lol

Could be he thinks they aren't worth keeping and wants them to cancel their contracts. Stopping paying them is a means to an end. Get rid and start afresh. 

Actually not a totally bonkers theory

BUT

No other players would come and play here if he did and we'd get relegated again

e.g as it played out exactly last season - same exact thing

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Tin foil hat territory I know, but I have long since wondered if the end game Amadeu Paixao was playing for is the bottom to fall out of the club and for him and his cronies to firstly milk Chansiri dry before picking up the club from the administrators at a fraction of its true worth. I can envisage ways that someone of Paixao's ilk could easily engineer a path to his desired outcome.

Said the said for years on here only to be told I'm talking rounduns. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sage owl said:

Apart from we’re a division lower and now have a reputation for not paying wages.

It was the same last summer

We had a reputation for not paying wages, cheating to a -12 point deduction and hiring and firing managers willy nilly

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, sheffield_dave said:

The club is done. Perhaps we’ll be relegated to League Two if we can fulfil a season.

I said this in another thread, but many Wednesday fans need to start having a long, hard think about what it is they value about the experience of following SWFC, and coming to terms with the lengths they need to go to to preserve it. For me that includes the possibility of a Phoenix club. We might not have a choice much longer.

I honestly think this is the start of us being established as a league 1 team for the next 10 years

• Haha 1

We had a reputation for not paying wages, cheating to a -12 point deduction and hiring and firing managers willy nilly

Think Willy & Nilly were the only blokes that didn’t manage us last season to be fair!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bouncing Owl said:

That post will get some reaction given the drama that this site creates. But, it’s a   cynical view which I don’t believe. 

I think the pair of them are incompetent. 

I may be way off the mark with that post but I am not so sure you are right about Paixao. He comes across as cunning, underhand, dishonest and without ethics or morals in my mind but those type are rarely incompetent. 

2 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

The wider fanbase won't get it until it's too late. It's ok everyone on here being well informed, but the majority of our casual supporters still think Chansiri is a money bags Chairman that's going to buy his way out of league 1.

• Like 2

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I think this is worse though.

We had a chance to build a different type of squad with younger players who could be developed, get us out of League One and hopefully step up to the championship in the future.

Any player would be mad to join us if there is no guarantee of wages being paid.

I was only aware of 1 late wages payment before last season when most of the Willy nilly hiring and firing was done.

We really are in a much worse situation now.

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We didn't have a reputation for firing managers willy nilly last summer, if anything it was the opposite at that time. That's something we developed over the course of last season.