Euro 2021

8 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I just keep picturing the image of him on the floor not moving with his eyes open and feel sick. I’m so so pleased that he is in hospital. 

That image will stick with me for a long time. Really feared he was dead. 

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

But he's stopped doing it?

Yeh it looks that way you wouldn't be propped up if that was happening, it's basically a weird reflex you make if you're having a heart attack or stroke and your body is not getting oxygen 

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

I always find it even more shocking when things like this happen to professional sports people, people that look after themselves so well. I know it can happen to anyone at any time but I still find this sort of thing a shock.  

Again, from my sister, she said that he will probably have an underlying condition, and pro athletes, especially at the very top, put so much stress on their bodies that it it can trigger it.

Could be something else mind, but she said it was most likely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I just keep picturing the image of him on the floor not moving with his eyes open and feel sick. I’m so so pleased that he is in hospital. 

I honestly thought he’d got heat stroke or summat. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Is that good or bad?

It's a reflex from the body when it's not getting enough oxygen... usually due to a medial issue such as heart attack, cardiac arrest, stroke etc.

It's bad in the sense that it indicates a major problem.

It's good in the sense that it shows some life is present.

2 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

Presumably breathing is breathing?

It is not true breathing. You still need to perform resuscitation. 

9 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

it's a very bad sign if you're doing it and you need immediate medical attention 

If its what I think it is and I've heard it, yes it's bad.

(Known by another name by medical professionals, if its what I think it is.)

Edited by Maddogbob

1 minute ago, FinnishOwl said:

The best place to have a heart attack is during a pro football match. The help was there very, very soon which probably saved his life. Let's hope for the best and that he recovers without any side effects.

very very true. If this had happened at home or in his hotel for example I don’t think he would be here still. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

Presumably breathing is breathing?

No it's not really breathing, it's the muscle twitching 

Just now, FinnishOwl said:

The best place to have a heart attack is during a pro football match. The help was there very, very soon which probably saved his life. Let's hope for the best and that he recovers without any side effects.

Yeh definitely, quick access to medical care and AED

Actually just made me think of how ridiculous it is that there aren't many AED (defibrillators) about 

My medical centre doesn't even have one, I am first aider, I have to tell someone to run over to the local pharmacy if anything happens and get it 

15 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

The people who performed the CPR and stabilised him are absolute heroes 

They are indeed.

I've seen more and more of these CPR machines dotted about in public places but I wouldn't have a clue what to do with them though. That's partly my fault but something like this ought to prompt some kind of public awareness of what people should do.

I certainly will be reading up on it.

• Like 2