Euro 2021

12 minutes ago, ``` said:

I specifically complained about 'broadcasting' of the pictures.

Anything that helps improve our response is to be encouraged and real time footage may certainly do that.

That doesn't mean it should be broadcast live.

Nor does it apply to filming his wife.

Yes I agree

But as Essix said with motorbike racing incidents it's out of these incidents we learn the most. 

The Muamba footage was awful to watch but also very enlightening. It was just not a "typical" cardiac issue.  The Bolton Dr was honest enough to say that even on the scene he didn't know whether CPR should be started as Muamba looked to be showing signs of life - he obviously wasn't alive at that point though. 

As I said it taught us so much and allowed us to study a camera perspective zoomed in and static - it may sound a bit ghoulish but it was transformative in the info it imparted

It led very strongly to FIFA changing their recommendations around sudden collapse on a football pitch.

Whoever sat in a TV production suite and decided it would be "good TV" to watch a distraught young lady watching the life of her husband ebbing away should be looking for a new job as of now

Edited by scram
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, scram said:

Yes I agree

But as Essix said with motorbike racing incidents it's out of these incidents we learn the most. 

The Muamba footage was awful to watch but also very enlightening. It was just not a "typical" cardiac issue.  The Bolton Dr was honest enough to day that even on the scene he didn't know whether CPR should be started as Muamba looked to be showing signs of life - he obviously wasn't alive at that point though. 

As I said it taught us so much and allowed us to study a camera perspective zoomed in and static - it may sound a bit ghoulish but it was transformative in the info it imparted

It led very strongly to FIFA changing their recommendations around sudden collapse on a football pitch.

Whoever sat in a TV production suite and decided it would be "good TV" to watch a distraught young lady watching the life of her husband ebbing away should be looking for a new job as of now

I'm actually really curious now as to what actually happened.

From collapsing and CPR being started to recovering conciousness and seemingly being fully alert and responsive in such a short time period seems very unusual?

6 minutes ago, scram said:

Yes I agree

The Muamba footage was awful to watch but also very enlightening. It was just not a "typical" cardiac issue.  The Bolton Dr was honest enough to say that even on the scene he didn't know whether CPR should be started as Muamba looked to be showing signs of life - he obviously wasn't alive at that point though. 

The footage from the Bradford fire is regularly used in training match stewards. They dub over it the police radio messages that were happening at the time. It’s proper harrowing.....

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Has it been confirmed what actually happened to him? Was it a heart attack or a stroke? 

Doubt they will fully know yet?

I think it's great they're playing this match on, imagine Lukaku, Vertongen and Alderweireld playing the Belgian game not knowing how their teammate/former teammate is doing. 

10 minutes ago, ``` said:

I'm actually really curious now as to what actually happened.

From collapsing and CPR being started to recovering conciousness and seemingly being fully alert and responsive in such a short time period seems very unusual?

I actually walking in the living room as he was on the ground and thought that he'd been in a heavy challenge.

Thought initially he'd swallowed his tongue and was in the recovery position.

Edited by Maddogbob