Euro 2021

1 minute ago, Maddogbob said:

Not sure if I want to watch it tbh after that. Nothing to do with entertainment. Dosn't feel right.

Think I'm going to give it a miss.

I dunno I think it will be a special moment. I hope they're putting it on, they have some quiz game on. 

1 minute ago, scram said:

BTW looking at earlier posts there was quite a bit of debate about the actions of the cameras etc dieing the harrowing scenes

There are 2 parts to this

Firstly it is immoral and indefensible for the directors to show such scenes of distress - this could have been the end of the guys life. His traumatised wife being shown is despicable

But it was absolutely right for this to be filmed - by not for public consumption 

I have seen footage of the Fabrice Muamba situation at a convention on cardiac issues in football.  The Bolton Dr that day was presenting and he was extremely candid and reflective.

Not only did we learn so much from that incident but the scrutiny of the footage coupled with personal testimony from those in attendance changed the way we train and respond to such incidents. 

Is fair to say that the extremely rapid and efficient response today was borne out of what was learned from Muamba

Yeh camera man got unreasonable flak it's the directors fault 

Just now, Maddogbob said:

I'm going to watch the itv game instead. 

They haven't even put the coverage for that on yet? I think the TV channels don't know what to do

BTW looking at earlier posts there was quite a bit of debate about the actions of the cameras etc dieing the harrowing scenes

Firstly it is immoral and indefensible for the directors to show such scenes of distress - this could have been the end of the guys life. His traumatised wife being shown is despicable

But it was absolutely right for this to be filmed - by not for public consumption 

I have seen footage of the Fabrice Muamba situation at a convention on cardiac issues in football.  The Bolton Dr that day was presenting and he was extremely candid and reflective.

Not only did we learn so much from that incident but the scrutiny of the footage coupled with personal testimony from those in attendance changed the way we train and respond to such incidents. 

Is fair to say that the extremely rapid and efficient response today was borne out of what was learned from Muamba

Absolutely correct. 

Ive been involved in live tv in the past - where motorbike racers have crashed and been given CPR on the track - and some died. It’s always filmed (but not shown) for the subsequent inquest

I specifically complained about 'broadcasting' of the pictures.

Anything that helps improve our response is to be encouraged and real time footage may certainly do that.

That doesn't mean it should be broadcast live.

Nor does it apply to filming his wife.

4 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Yeh camera man got unreasonable flak it's the directors fault 

They haven't even put the coverage for that on yet? I think the TV channels don't know what to do

Yeah I'm just chilling till it's on. Hopefully as scram says we can learn something from the footage, to help in the future.

I haven't got the stomach to watch the rest of that match personally.

Edited by Maddogbob