Next years keeper

Just think Dawson will be highest paid goalkeeper in  league 1 🤣🤣🤣 with wildsmith not to far behind 

Wildsmith will be number 1 next season IMO 

15 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

That'll be like starting the season on -12 points again.

Other positions will take priority 

And no one will take Dawson or wildsmith onloan/buy 

Thank Monk for giving Dawson a new contract 

A new first choice keeper should be a priority this summer but due to our financial situation I don't think it will happen.

I'm afraid we'll start with Dawson, error prone, mentally weak & who has gone backwards over the last 2 seasons or Westwood on reduced terms who's made of balsa & increasingly more error prone.

As with this season the decision to not find a replacement for next season will come back to bite us.

Edited by mogbad

Goalkeeping situation summarises the whole club. It's a mess of our own making that we've backed ourselves into not being able to change.

The Westwood situation and his availability has been a farce, whatever the reasons. In the interim we've chopped and changed between 2 young goalkeepers who we can't decide between as the number 1, played when they perhaps shouldn't and generally made a mess of their confidence and progression. 

What we need is a new goalkeeper who arrives at the club as the defacto number 1 to replace Westwood, allowing 1 or both of Dawson and Wildsmith to go out on loan and get an opportunity for a fresh start and to repair their confidence and form. We can't and won't do that, because ultimately we still have two goalkeepers under decent contracts and the resources need to go into plugging holes elsewhere. It's just a complete state. 

15 hours ago, Sticky Micky said:

Thank Monk for giving Dawson a new contract 

because his stats this season would seem to indicate he does a better job of keeping the ball out of the net and keeping clean sheets that the previous messiah Westwood

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ian said:

because his stats this season would seem to indicate he does a better job of keeping the ball out of the net and keeping clean sheets that the previous messiah Westwood

This'll get a few smileys no doubt but I expect Dawson to be our no 1 next season. He's got the ability but lacks a bit of confidence. I also think his most recent stint showed an odd change in decision making with him trying to parry everything. Suspect this might have been something to do with the keeper coach who was briefly brought in by Monk.

I do think we need someone of Andy Rhodes' calibre as keeper coach whatever.

All 3 goalies of ours have known flaws as I said at the start of the season.

Dawson - parries straight out.

Wildsmith - Poor on stopping shots close to his body

Westwood - timing coming off his line.

The only question for me was which one would cost us the least amount of points, or which one was easiest to fix.  

I still think Dawsons issues are the easiest to fix.

• Like 1