Next years keeper

Joshua Griffithis

West Brom academy keeper. 19 years old
kept 21 clean sheets in 44 games for Cheltenham on loan. 

Looks a promising keeper. Wonder if Darren Moore could use his contacts at West Brom for a loan next season. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SwintonLad99 said:

Joshua Griffithis

West Brom academy keeper. 19 years old
kept 21 clean sheets in 44 games for Cheltenham on loan. 

Looks a promising keeper. Wonder if Darren Moore could use his contacts at West Brom for a loan next season. 

Wonder what he’s like with a totally shybo defence in front of him though!😉

• Haha 2

As long as none of our current goal keepers get a game with us ever again I’ll be happy

only Westwood’s got a bit of talent but he’s made of crumbly cheese and wouldn’t last longer than the first warmup session.

• Like 1

Sadly, it’s likely that we are now unable to choose the players we want.

As has been the pattern over recent transfer Windows, we might be able to sign players looking to revive a career blighted by injury or poor discipline and application etc 

Our reputation as a ‘good club’ is trashed.

Our ability to pay wages is in question.

Would you want to loan your prized up and coming assets to an unprofessional and incompetent club?

Attracting the ‘cream of the crop’ is long gone....

• Like 2

Christian Walton is out of contract at Brighton, played the full season on loan at Blackburn last year but been third choice at Brighton and hasn’t had a game this time round. 

If we’re looking at loaning a young lad in then the kid Bazunu who’s been at Rochdale this season is very highly rated at Man City and made his full international debut for Ireland recently aged 19.

I’m fully expecting us to go into the season with Dawson and Wildsmith though, and I don’t think either of them are good enough for a top end L1 team which is what we’re hopefully aiming to be

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Marpals said:

Why would he come here ?

We are now in the same league as Cheltenham surely he'd  choose them if he's going out on loan again.

Whilst meaning no disrespect to Cheltenham, supporter numbers and expectations mean Wednesday in league 1 would be a reasonable next step in his progression. If we are as tied up on transfers as we think we will be, then this sort of low wage loan will be exactly where we are looking next season. I suspect/hope to god the off season recruitment will be geared towards moore's 4231 play out from the back too

• Like 3

I’d like to us to look at Joe Lumley at QPR. 26 and out of contract, very good with his feet and funnily enough Darren Moore brought him in a short loan at Doncaster earlier this season. 

Personally can’t see us signing a new keeper. We’re losing so many players across the pitch and need to almost completely rebuild the squad, but we’ve got two senior keepers in contract. Yes those keepers are Wildsmith and Dawson but I can’t see that mattering to DC.

Hopefully in a new team, either keeper can feel some pressure lift off their shoulders and embrace a fresh start and fans can allow them a clean slate. 

Personally I’d go for Dawson.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Flat Owl said:

As has been the pattern over recent transfer Windows, we might be able to sign players looking to revive a career blighted by injury or poor discipline and application etc 

Would you want to loan your prized up and coming assets to an unprofessional and incompetent club?

When did we last attract "the cream of the crop" 

1 hour ago, Flat Owl said:

To be fair I can't remember us attracting any 'cream of the crop' players, 'cream of the crap' maybe.

I will probably be abused by posting this but here goes. It is essential that the club sign an experienced keeper who can remain fit.  If you look across the city one of the first things Wilder did was buy Simon Moore, the understudy keeper at Cardiff to replace the fragile George Long.  There must be plenty of understudy keepers who would make the move to get regular football at a well supported team.  This is the most important signing for the new season.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, horny owl said:

As long as none of our current goal keepers get a game with us ever again I’ll be happy

only Westwood’s got a bit of talent but he’s made of crumbly cheese and wouldn’t last longer than the first warmup session.

It's in his head, blokes got a problem, you can see it in his eyes. 

3 minutes ago, debram said:

It's in his head, blokes got a problem, you can see it in his eyes. 

As long as he’s somebody else’s problem going forward I really don’t care

Sick of cr@p Wednesday players they can all phook off

• Like 1