PLEASE READ

The Paxo stuff is interesting, almost seems to suggest he’s there just to act as some kind of punching bag.

Its quite interesting to see quite a few people do a 180 on him purely based on what’s written in this one article.

Like many things, I expect the real situation is somewhere in the middle. I can imagine he’s the punching bag and a convenient distraction, but it’s so difficult for this well liked and respected guy, then surely he wouldn’t stick around. 

Using my knowledge of how some of this stuff works in the industry it wouldn’t surprise me if there’s a bit of a PR firm behind this and we’ll see an upcoming separation soon.

Certainly seems an interesting time to all of a sudden hear all these glowing references...

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

The Paxo stuff is interesting, almost seems to suggest he’s there just to act as some kind of punching bag.

Its quite interesting to see quite a few people do a 180 on him purely based on what’s written in this one article.

Like many things, I expect the real situation is somewhere in the middle. I can imagine he’s the punching bag and a convenient distraction, but it’s so difficult for this well liked and respected guy, then surely he wouldn’t stick around.  

Possibly

I do trust the testimony of those who are actually there experiencing it all tho

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Yep, I've heard similar.

I don't think Pulis took kindly to Att telling him what to do, either.

:duntmatter:

It seems like a bad joke, but it's actually the way our club's being 'run' in 2021.

Those clinging to the hope that Chansiri is suddenly going to see the light and start running the club in a professional and competent manager are going to be sorely disappointed, I'm afraid.

Do you not think that after the skeleton has been let out of the closet that Mr Chansiri would change his attitude as to how to run the club? 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, pOWLtergeist said:

Do you not think that after the skeleton has been let out of the closet that Mr Chansiri would change his attitude as to how to run the club? 

Not a chance

What about you? Do you think he'd have to?

Ps - welcome to the site

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not a chance

What about you? Do you think he'd have to?

Ps - welcome to the site

Cheers thank you. 

I would have thought he may change the way things are run, it's easier to do things in the dark but clearly not so in the broad light of day. Sorry If i seem a bit  naive on how businesses are run, but I would have thought it may force a change in strategy. 

Just now, pOWLtergeist said:

Cheers thank you. 

I would have thought he may change the way things are run, it's easier to do things in the dark but clearly not so in the broad light of day. Sorry If i seem a bit  naive on how businesses are run, but I would have thought it may force a change in strategy. 

Yeah normally it would - but nothing in that statement says he's going to (nor do I actually expect him to)

Owlstalk Shop

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

In the process of recruiting new managers, The Athletic understands several candidates have been put off after reaching the interview stage, with one source stating that Chansiri has “no skill set” for recruitment.

During talks about the position, one prospective manager was surprised to learn that part of the reason he had landed the chance to chat to Chansiri was a result of his career being talked up by the chairman’s teenage son.

Another claims to have had a phone conversation with the same son to discuss the prospect of taking the job after he called his father unexpectedly while the two men were talking.

The thing about this is I remember Alan Biggs suggesting in a tweet a while back that Chansiri has declined offers of help from people in the game who cared about the club, one of which was Howard Wilkinson.

So if this is true, Chansiri chose to get advice from his 12 year old kid over the last English manager to win the English Championship, a former England manager and former Sheffield Wednesday player, manager and chairman.

To call Dejphon Chansiri a moron would be an insult to morons everywhere.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, H2Owl said:

This is the worst bit. People in football talk and when it becomes 'known' what a shambles we are it makes everything difficult, especially recruitment. We either end up paying more than the going rate to land a player with wages or they choose another option if we are comparable.

Well just look at the people who have come through the doors.

Pulis and Bruce are two of the most well respected and connected names in the game (irrespective of your thoughts on their ability). Moore is extremely well thought of as a young manager. Carlos is widely popular. Even Monk has been around, managed in the Prem and is now in a media circuit that already contains a number of ex-players - some of which have been extremely vocal. Our reputation will be absolutely in the mud even if only some of this stuff is true (and I’ve no reason to doubt all of it is)

• Like 1
  • Love 1