We can’t blame Moore for the Forest game.

We have a poor squad and Moore will need to sort that out next season

He can only do so much with what he has now but maybe he could have done slightly better

I don't know if he said he would leave the match in Smith's hands but on the radio they were pointing out what they thought was wrong from a Wednesday pov but how it was maybe easier to see from up in the stands.

If i was Moore i'd have been on the phone to Smith quite early on.

Guest Therealrealist

To not start rhodes is criminal..it was a cowardly selection..yet again setting up not to lose in a must win game

I can see what Moore is trying to do and I like the system that he is trying to implement.

Playing the ball out from the back drawing teams in and then using fast pacey players to stretch defences rather than the target man type of play.

However in my opinion he would have been better off taking a good look at our past game videos and should have played a system that suits the players we have for the rest of this season rather than trying to implement a style that these players are not suited to. All of us fans knew playing it about at the back ala Jos style would be a disaster.

He should have been more pragmatic in his approach for this season and then started the changes in the closed season when he has had a chance to bring some new players in.

• Like 1

We all know the bottom line is that the players we have lack ability and quality .

They also lack the fitness , determination and mental attributes to make up for their lack of skill..

Of yesterdays team , only Westwood , Bannan and Windass would merit Championship football . The rest will probably struggle in league 1.

Moore inherited all this lot so hardly a chance he could turn it around without a wholesale clearout .

I know he’s out his comfort zone, but tbh I’m sick of hearing this. Had the same thing with Bullen and Thompson 

Yes they’re not managers, but just pick a bloody team and formation capable of winning. It’s not rocket science. If the fans can see it, why can’t supposed coaching professionals who work with the players every day 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 2

God only knows what Wednesday need, but Moore isn’t it. At best his role at Wednesday story might be as a Chris Turner type but more likely he is new Alan Irvine. No doubt we will be told he needs time to “fetch in his own players” and having done so he will still just be another so-so manager and be binned off before Christmas with the club stuck with another set of dead legs on 2-3 year contracts.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Green was completely anonymous in the 2nd half at Boro.

Remind me who set up the gapping chance that Rhodes missed in the 2nd half?  

Personally I disagree with the OP, the starting line up was wrong as Rhodes should have started instead of Harris. 

I had the following issues with the Moore/Smith mobile management yesterday:

1.  Harris was starting and Rhodes wasn’t 

2.  Harris stayed on at half time and Rhodes didn’t come on 

3.  Only 1 substitution was made in a must win game, and Harris stayed on the pitch 

4. no urgency for 90 minutes in a must  win game, why not take off one of the 3 defenders and bring on a different player to try something different 

5. Harris was allowed to take the free kick at the end of the game 

• Thanks 1

I’m taking a middle road on this. I’m genuinely not sure if Moore and his team have what it takes to get this squad playing. But then I’m not sure anyone would. The problem and the joy of football are the same. No one can say what the result would have been with any team lineup. We could have played Rhodes and lost etc. Or he could have scored a hat trick. I don’t know if Moore and his team can rebuild the squad. But someone has got to do it. And he’s better qualified than pretty much anyone else we can get to manage here. 
I’m disappointed with yesterday but still backing the manager. Football is always fine margins. And at the end of the day the bloke is really really ill. So it’s benefit of the doubt from me. For now. 

Yes we absolutely can blame Moore! Who's moronic idea was it to play Paterson at RWB and Palmer at CB when we have Urgohide and Dunkley available to play CB???????????? Paterson has been effective in midfield and attack, he hasn't played RWB for us and was completely ineffective there. Our attack was ineffective without a focal point, even starting the same 11 with Paterson in attack and Harris at RWB would have been a massively better shape.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

God only knows what Wednesday need, but Moore isn’t it. At best his role at Wednesday story might be as a Chris Turner type but more likely he is new Alan Irvine. No doubt we will be told he needs time to “fetch in his own players” and having done so he will still just be another so-so manager and be binned off before Christmas with the club stuck with another set of dead legs on 2-3 year contracts.

The first part of the post sums it up. God knows what Wednesday need. But he’s been keeping it to himself that’s for sure! This is the number one problem for me. Who the hell is the right man? You only find out someone wasn’t once they’ve made a mess of it! Rooney clearly isn’t the answer at Derby. But he looked like he was for a bit. But Bowyer was at Birmingham (after Karanka- who got Middlesbrough promoted) wasn’t. It does my head in. Moore may or may not be right for us. But then again there literally might be no one right for us!

24 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I know he’s out his comfort zone, but tbh I’m sick of hearing this. Had the same thing with Bullen and Thompson 

Yes they’re not managers, but just pick a bloody team and formation capable of winning. It’s not rocket science. If the fans can see it, why can’t supposed coaching professionals who work with the players every day 

Because there is much, much more to managing and tactics than just picking players and formation. If literally any fan could be a manager, clubs wouldn't be paying people millions of pounds a year. You really think the difference between Pep and Smith is that Pep is better at picking a formation?!

As for players; You reckon that us fans have a better idea about the players from seeing them on iFollow once a week over the coaching staff who see and train them in person 5 days a week? 

Guest LondonOwl313

Every player on the bench bar Rhodes was either a kid or completely crap. So we’re limited in that respect. But I just don’t get it.. when we played Cardiff we had Rhodes and Windass up front and Paterson coming from deep and it was working. We actually looked like scoring goals.

Rhodes is the key piece yet he gets left out. He’s a goal scorer.. need him in the team. We’re far better when Rhodes and Windass play together than when they don’t 

12 minutes ago, Minton said:

Because there is much, much more to managing and tactics than just picking players and formation. If literally any fan could be a manager, clubs wouldn't be paying people millions of pounds a year. You really think the difference between Pep and Smith is that Pep is better at picking a formation?!

As for players; You reckon that us fans have a better idea about the players from seeing them on iFollow once a week over the coaching staff who see and train them in person 5 days a week? 

Ok so we must have poor man managers then. I know it’s not as simple as just picking a team but some of the decisions are bewildering. I’ve usually been of the same thought, that we don’t see them every day in training and I agree with that, but all of it just leaves you scratching your head 

37 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Ok so we must have poor man managers then. I know it’s not as simple as just picking a team but some of the decisions are bewildering. I’ve usually been of the same thought, that we don’t see them every day in training and I agree with that, but all of it just leaves you scratching your head 

I still place a lot of the blame (though not all) on Monk, who seemed determined to split the camp with his treatment of certain players

5 hours ago, Grandad said:

Bull

Anybody playing Green instead of Rhodes is fully responsible for us having zero threat up front

That's strange because its normally been Rhodes responsible for us having zero threat up front during his time here.

I'm still waiting to see all these better teams and formations that everyone has up their sleeve. Only one who's answered the question so far has Shaw playing centre back and 'anybody' on the left wing.

Come on guys, don't be shy!