We can’t blame Moore for the Forest game.

2 hours ago, Minton said:

Makes you wonder who else he didn't like and if his treatment of players affected younger players signing new deals, senior players looking for other options, players not wanting to be at the club and the general willingness and desire to play for us. I know I had a coach who was an absolute bellend to anyone who wasn't one of his favourites and it really made me (and others) not want to play for him or the club.

Nobody wants to play for us because we are a basket case of a club that has been messing around with players pay for 18 months now. Why do you think the players we sign are cast offs from the likes of Cardiff and Huddersfield.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, alan48 said:

We all know the bottom line is that the players we have lack ability and quality .

They also lack the fitness , determination and mental attributes to make up for their lack of skill..

Of yesterdays team , only Westwood , Bannan and Windass would merit Championship football . The rest will probably struggle in league 1.

Moore inherited all this lot so hardly a chance he could turn it around without a wholesale clearout .

Imposing a new system from Day 1; playing out from the back ie taking risks with players short of confidence; some players in and out of the team like yo yo's; not picking a formation to score goals when we know you do not win without goals and that the goals scored total is embarrassingly low.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Wind the clock back a few more years and recon with 17 year old Sam Ellis rather than John Hickton for the injured Vic Mobley. Cost us a European cup winners cup place. 

But that was a one off. Team selections have been an utter joke for many seasons now... And strangely enough.... coincide with chansiri's arrival

20 hours ago, NorthernOwl said:

Don't post anything sensible on here. The baying mob want yet another manager sacked. 

We definitely should keep changing manager every 10 games. It's the only way.

Not all.. I want chansiri rid of. 

He's the key. This happens no matter who the manager

Can’t blame Moore?

A must-win.

Ideally by 2 or 3 goals to improve GD v Rotherham.

We have 3 goal scorers.

He plays Windass, never a lone-striker, as lone-striker.

He plays Paterson at WB.

He benches Rhodes.

He picks two inside forwards, neither of whom have scored a single goal.

If you aren’t worried by such decisions I honestly don’t know what would worry you.

6 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Can’t blame Moore?

A must-win.

We have 3 goal scorers.

He plays Paterson at WB.

He benches Rhodes.

If you aren’t worried by such decisions I honestly don’t know what would worry you.

Got to agree with this assessment of the team selection and set up.

However, regardless of that the players themselves just needed to put a shift in. They didn’t on the day.

Yeah, I'm right behind Darren Moore the job he has to do here is nothing short of massive.

Club is in a state and a half players are mostly garbage but that said I agree the line up

v Forest was literally shooting yourelf in the foot.

Rhodes should have started IMO but if not the Paterson at RWB/RB and not Palmer 

nullified our attacking options totally down onside of the pitch.

At the very least it should have been changed after the first 20mins/half hour mark.

We had CB on the bench that could have played and although Palmer played a decent

game we needed him in his genuine position or worse case scenario Harris there.

• Like 1

We just dont have the players who are willing to run through walls for the Owls. Harris is never worth a place in the side, he runs alot and thats all. Rhodes coming on did boost the attack and he needs to start on Saturday. Hope Moore is back for teh Derby match, we are playing alot more attacking football with him in charge, just think how bad it was underr Pulis !!!!!.

We must win on Saturday so i would play Patterson and Rhodes up top with windass coming off the wing in place of Harris. Hope that Luongo may be fit to play even a part of the match, but he will lack match fitness. Borner needs to shake himself, his performanaces of late have been poor but we have few options at the back although I would play OZ in his place

How many more chances have we miss- this is the last one, hopefully boosted by another Rotherham mid week loss

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Can’t blame Moore?

A must-win.

We have 3 goal scorers.

He plays Paterson at WB.

He benches Rhodes.

I think the decisions are very worrying. Those complaints above are fully justified. Not playing Rhodes from the start is incomprehensible. Paterson has to be hidden in the team as he lacks skill and ball control. Windass is not a striker.

I would add that putting a shirt on Rhodes is not enough. He is a particular type of striker. He is not Nuhui nor Fletcher. He needs the best wingman to play to feed him with crosses into the box. Instead we punt it downfield to chase rather than carefully working the ball to a wingman to cross. 

Reach has achieved very little for weeks and he and BB lose the ball an awful lot and neither can tackle. You cannot play both of them. As a Wing back, his lack of defensive qualities is obvious and his passing is not as good as BB’s. 

The midfield is unable to win the ball back and now Hutch is moved into central defence, there ought to be a role for Shaw.

Obviously as supporters, we have plenty enough to worry about with what’s going on behind the scenes. However, I’m slightly concerned about our chances going forward regardless of what league we are in, if Darren Moore's team selections, tactics and formations have been anything to go on. 

We all realise that Saturday is a must win game,  but so was the Forest match. We never really went out to win that game and we are now in a situation where we could be relegated without playing another game. I am reasonably confident that Rotherham will lose tomorrow night, but that confidence isn’t absolute. 

I assume Moore has made all the team selections based on what his staff are telling him about performances in training, but that team against Forest was not told to go out and take the game to Forest and hence we got the insipid affair we all witnessed and were lucky not to lose. 

If we go into the Derby game, needing a win to stay up after a defeat for Rotherham tomorrow, there will be plenty calling for Moore's head as well as DC's, if we fail.

Darren Moore has been dealt a sheeeite hand by the owner and managers before him responsible for assembling this disjointed, poorly motivated squad. His illness has come at a terrible time and I trust he makes a full recovery and is able to inspire them to victory at the weekend. Have him and his staff done the best they could have done with this admittedly sub standard bunch? The jury is out. 

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Can’t blame Moore?

A must-win.

We have 3 goal scorers.

He plays Paterson at WB.

He benches Rhodes.

I never said I agreed with the formation or tactics - I said, we can’t blame Moore. As I understand it, he is completely away from the team recovering. Even if he picked the team, which I don’t think he did, he’s still taking the advice of Smith, Williams and Thompson - they will have told him who’s playing well in training and who isn’t and they will have suggested what formation and tactics to employ. 

On 02/05/2021 at 08:51, glynnb said:

He's responsible for the sheeite catering as well is he? :duntmatter:Club is rotten from top to bottom, 

It's dreadful. There was nothing to buy anywhere in the stadium.  Heads should roll.lol