Tom Lees a free in Stuart Gray era.

Compared to so many around him he’s been so consistent this season and tbh for his whole wednesday career. 

My favourite memory of Tom Lees? Brighton away second leg playoffs. Those two blocks in the first half sum him up us as player. And even then westwood gets credit for one of them when it’s him. 

Tom Lees deserves nothing but our respect 

.Been a great servant to us.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

Good championship player and will get a contract at this level but his failure to move / progress with the game is quite dramatic

Yep, no team wanting promotion are going to have Lees in their side anymore.  His peak was in our playoff seasons.  
I can see someone like Coventry or Hull signing Lees in the summer.  

Fantastic servant for us,  but it’s the right time for us to create a new defence, in the league below.  

• Like 2

Obviously we all wish him a speedy recovery from the injury, but if the ongoing tactics under Darren Moore will be to play out from the back, then Tom Lees is not the kind of centre back that we need.

Imagine if we could discover a centre back in the Paul Warhurst mould (before we experimented with him as a striker). That and a developing Urhoghide would be a great start to recruitment, albeit we need new players throughout the squad to find our way back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

I’m not going to pretend he’s been “Mr Reliable” for us when he’s been pretty poor ever since Loovens left, but you can’t question his attitude and if that is his last appearance in a Wednesday shirt then it’s a sad way for him to bow out.

Fingers crossed it’s not too serious and he can find another club in the summer.

Already been offered a contract here....

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Considering the fact that he came on a free (or a nominal fee), he's been a great signing for the club.

If we'd signed a few more like him, then we wouldn't have ended up in this mess.

Free? and how many millions in salary?...sad about his injury  but another millionaire who allegedly hasnt produced on the field..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Road Runner said:

One of the very very few who can hold his head high this year. 

Been a great servant who was part of record breaking defences. 

Yeah allegedly for all the wrong reasons...in the last 2 years

2 minutes ago, parajack said:

Free? and how many millions in salary?...sad about his injury  but another millionaire who allegedly hasnt produced on the field..

'Allegedly'? Who's alleged that?

I wouldn't let a player's salary cloud your opinion of them; they're almost all overpaid for what they do, when push comes to shove.

For me, I've never had any reason to doubt Lees' commitment, professionalism, or attitude. If I could say the same about the rest of the players who've graced our pitch in recent seasons, we'd be much better off.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, steelowl said:

and a complete new squad inc goalkeeper and certainly if we are going to persist in this suicidal 'passing' out from the back 

our back line deals with receiving a pass like it's a bouncing bomb just dreadful 

Glad someone else can see this 'tactic' for what it is....

17 minutes ago, Kevan said:

Obviously we all wish him a speedy recovery from the injury, but if the ongoing tactics under Darren Moore will be to play out from the back, then Tom Lees is not the kind of centre back that we need.

Imagine if we could discover a centre back in the Paul Warhurst mould (before we experimented with him as a striker). That and a developing Urhoghide would be a great start to recruitment, albeit we need new players throughout the squad to find our way back.

Playing out from the back does not suit either Borner or Lees. Memo to our idealistic manager. 

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

If that is the end of his time at Wednesday, then what a terrible way to bow out.

Things might not have always gone smoothly for him here, but during his seven years at the club, I've never once doubted his commitment to the cause.

Let's hope it's not as bad as it looked, and he can get back playing again soon.

A good player when beside a leader but never been a leader for us. Put him next to a looven, Hector or Venancio and he forms a great partnership that's solid, but when he the main man with a lesser or younger player always seems to struggle.

For me though would be a decent enough centre back next season for us in league one, at the right price but on existing terms, no. Thanks for the service and good luck at your new club.

4 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

'Allegedly'? Who's alleged that?

I wouldn't let a player's salary cloud your opinion of them; they're almost all overpaid for what they do, when push comes to shove.

For me, I've never had any reason to doubt Lees' commitment, professionalism, or attitude. If I could say the same about the rest of the players who've graced our pitch in recent seasons, we'd be much better off.

''Allegedly'? Who's alleged that?' Me,ive 'alleged' it.....

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, parajack said:

Again,ime glad someone else can see it......

It's crazy management. You play a system to suit the players you have got.

I also do not believe we have any wing backs at the club but we seem to play that system too. Palmer could play left back and Paterson right back. I'd forget wing backs. Then pick one of BB or Reach. Cannot afford both of them.