48 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

That is a horrible injury. I had a compound tib and fib open break when I was 21. Two steel rods Inserted , six months in a full plaster cast, then six weeks on crutches. I still have the steel rods in now. 

Broken tib and fib here and two and a half years down the line I’m about to have my six operation to fix it & haven’t ever been able to walk off crutches. Got severely infected unfortunately and it wasn’t until Thursday just gone that I got given a lifeline to save the leg via Leeds General. There were heavy talks of amputating the leg.

Hoping that Tom hasn’t broken it and wish him a speedy and uncomplicated recovery. Met him several times and he’s a great bloke and I’ve never doubted his commitment here. We all know he plays better next to a leader and unfortunately we’ve been missing that recently.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Broken tib and fib here and two and a half years down the line I’m about to have my six operation to fix it & haven’t ever been able to walk off crutches. Got severely infected unfortunately and it wasn’t until Thursday just gone that I got given a lifeline to save the leg via Leeds General. There were heavy talks of amputating the leg.

Hoping that Tom hasn’t broken it and wish him a speedy and uncomplicated recovery. Met him several times and he’s a great bloke and I’ve never doubted his commitment here. We all know he plays better next to a leader and unfortunately we’ve been missing that recently.

Great news that you can have the op. Really pleased to read that. 

9 minutes ago, victorturner said:

It's crazy management. You play a system to suit the players you have got.

I also do not believe we have any wing backs at the club but we seem to play that system too. Palmer could play left back and Paterson right back. I'd forget wing backs. Then pick one of BB or Reach. Cannot afford both of them.

How was the system and approach we were playing previously working out? 

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, Markowski77 said:

It’s one of them - he has been a good servant to the club 

obvs in no rush to sign a new contract , unfortunately this happened 

now maybe left on the football scrap heap 

i believe he is 1 of the highest earners pushing 30k a week. i wish him the best he has been a decent player for us but lucky for us he isnt contracted . 

• Like 2

Hope Tom Lees makes a full recovery, he's been a great servant to us so good luck to him if he does move on.

Personally I don't think he's been the same player since the play off final & today's requirement for defenders who are confident on the ball doesn't help his confidence.

Having said all that it's a sad indictment of our current level of quality that Tom has been our best defender this season.

Honestly, I think he's been one of the few to have played pretty well this season.

Good pro who has served the club very well.

Shame if that is how it ends. Not much to be said about the other cb options.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

A bit shocked at some of the responses on here and social media. If a colleague gets run over on the way to work, it’d take a weapons grade asshat to stick a performance appraisal in his Get Well Soon card.

Give it a rest, we all know perfectly well what sort of a player he is. Only relevant facts are he works harder than most for this club, and will be devastated to have had this happen now, as will his family. Career earnings don’t mean owt, health comes first.

Wish him a speedy recovery and all the best for his next career move, he’s put a massive shift in.

Completely different though. There are millions of football club fans, I doubt there are a even a handful of fans of Wernham Hogg, IKEA, Nandos or wherever else it is that people work. Footballers get injured all the time, that's just part of the game however someone getting run over on the way to work would be pretty rare not to mention your average person getting run over on the way to work wouldn't already be financially secure for the rest of their life.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, victorturner said:

It's crazy management. You play a system to suit the players you have got.

I also do not believe we have any wing backs at the club but we seem to play that system too. Palmer could play left back and Paterson right back. I'd forget wing backs. Then pick one of BB or Reach. Cannot afford both of them.

Monk was adamant we were going to play 3 at the back and never looked to or indeed sign a full back, which has been a problem all season. Palmer is the only natural full back at the club, trying to play a back 4 with this squad is a non starter, definitely square pegs in round holes, even Pulis gave up trying. 
Paterson at full back? no way, he is worse than useless there. 

5 minutes ago, ozzieowl said:

Wish TL quick recovery but hope he moves on. 
not good enough imo. Too many mistakes in him. 
decent defender now n then but can’t pass a ball for toffee

Be good enough for L1. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bigrbuk said:

Tin fun open fracture when I was 4. Probably helps with healing but no pins and just a skin graft and all good. Was a chance I'd walk with a limo my whole life, but even that didn't happen. Fingers crossed for everyone!

Or tib fib without autocorrect